Illinois Babies

anybody deliver at Swedish Covenant?

I had a previous pregnancy that unfortunately ended in miscarriage but I'm now pregnant again.  I had both my OBGYN and my GP at Swedish but the OB (Dr. Trandai) recently left the practice.  I liked the hospital and would like to stay and wondered if anybody had any recommendations for who to chose or maybe another practice they really liked on the north side.  (I'm up in Lincoln Square).  I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks in advance!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz

Re: anybody deliver at Swedish Covenant?

• I delivered there and the hospital is great.  I see Dr. Brennan, but Dr. McDermott delivered our son.  They are both fantastic
    BFP #1 DS born 9/16/2010
    BFP #2 4/8/2012 missed mc @ 8w
    BFP #3 8/4/2012, EDD 4/18/2013
  • I have no advice but I was born at Swedish Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I will deliver there and I see Dr. Hubka (Halstead and Diversey). I LOVE her. She saw me through 2 miscarriages with sensitively and encouragement and I am now 16.5 weeks with a healthy baby girl.She's been there for me every step of the way and actually encourages me to call any time - day, night, or weekend - if I have absolutely any questions. She always calls me back promptly, even when out of town.

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Hubka and the midwife, Kelly, who works with her. They are kind, caring, and never rush you. For gyn appts, I often had to wait (would bring a book) but am always in and out with no problem for ob appts. 

Her practice is called Comprehensive Wellness Care. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHandJsFirst:

I will deliver there and I see Dr. Hubka (Halstead and Diversey). I LOVE her. She saw me through 2 miscarriages with sensitively and encouragement and I am now 16.5 weeks with a healthy baby girl.She's been there for me every step of the way and actually encourages me to call any time - day, night, or weekend - if I have absolutely any questions. She always calls me back promptly, even when out of town.

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Hubka and the midwife, Kelly, who works with her. They are kind, caring, and never rush you. For gyn appts, I often had to wait (would bring a book) but am always in and out with no problem for ob appts. 

Her practice is called Comprehensive Wellness Care. 

wow, sounds really good.  I was impressed that my last Dr called over the weekend to check but then of course blocked the number.  Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz
  • A friend of mine is a midwife there - Darcie Trier. She's fantastic and I would highly recommend her.
  • imagejkmbean:
    I delivered there and the hospital is great.  I see Dr. Brennan, but Dr. McDermott delivered our son.  They are both fantastic

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageThemetastic:
    I have no advice but I was born at Swedish Smile

Me too!! :)

<3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• imagekelbrian:
    A friend of mine is a midwife there - Darcie Trier. She's fantastic and I would highly recommend her.

I second this...I love the Swedish midwives, they are AMAZING. As a doula I have done 17 births with them and can't say enough good things about the group.

Samantha Trebilcock BSN RN, CD(DONA), PES, CBE http://naturalbeginningsdoula.vpweb.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"