Success after IF
Options

Got to see baby again today

Wednesday I had my first OB appointment and was a bit disappointed that they didn't do an ultrasound.  After 2 early losses, I just wasn't comfortable in waiting another 4+ weeks before our next chance of seeing or hearing the baby.  The OB understood my concerns for not having confirmation that everything was okay and scheduled me for an ultrasound today. 

The little stinker was practicing some acrobatic moves and made it difficult for the tech to get measurements, but it was so awesome to see it moving around like crazy.  It even looked like we got a little wave.  The spine looked like a perfect little pearl necklace.   

We didn't hear the heartbeat but she measured it at 168 bpm.  Baby was measuring 1.4cm, but that might be a little off as it kept curling up. 

I don't know that I can ever breathe a sigh of relief, but I did feel better walking out of the clinic today knowing that we still have a heartbeat. 

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Got to see baby again today

• Options
    That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.
  • Options
    I'm so glad Melissa!!!!!!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is wonderful! I didn't get to hear the h/b at every appt either but seeing it is almost as good.
  • Options
    That's great news!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    Congrats on getting to see your little one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!! That's so exciting!!
  • Options
    Aww, sounds like a great u/s. Glad you got to see your baby again. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"