2nd Trimester

My MIL is freaking evil

She doesn't understand why she can't stay in our STUDIO for four nights to help us move into our two-bedroom next Saturday. SO. I would be stepping over her several times every night to get to the bathroom. Yeah.

My husband tried to put her up in a hotel, but she refuses to go there. She wants to save money by staying HERE. ?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: My MIL is freaking evil

• Yeah that would be kind of odd. ?I mean you are all sleeping in the same room basically correct? ?My mom is spending the night next weekend to help me paint the nursery and I think it's going to be a little awkward and she's going to be all the way on the other side of the house!
  • Yes, we would ALL be in the same room. The room is the size of a large hotel room. And that's being generous.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wait....you DH even offered to put her up in a hotel and she's still refusing? Um...yay, now I would be a little irked.

Hey, you could always just sleep in a t-shirt and undies and see how she likes all that "stepping over" throughout the night..maybe she'll say yes to the hotel after one night of that! Devil 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ummm... wow. That's pretty strange!
  • what?!  i say skip the shirt and panties routine and go for sleeping totally naked.  that'll learn her.
  • Have you tried not giving her the choice? Maybe it's time to stop being nice about it. It would probably help the most if your DH would really put his foot down. After all, you're just the lowly daughter-in-law.
  • imagethenewmrsrussell:
    Have you tried not giving her the choice? Maybe it's time to stop being nice about it. It would probably help the most if your DH would really put his foot down. After all, you're just the lowly daughter-in-law.

Damn her! I agree with PP, stand your ground...tell DH to use his cajones and tell her she has no choice but to stay in the hotel.  You are pregnant for gawd's sake.

I swear, we are living parallel lives.  My MIL signed me up for a pregnancy pilates class without even asking me because I "really should be exercising".  She just told me this morning.

• Wouldn't her having her stuff there just make packing/moving/organizing even more difficult than it needs to be? Offer her my IL's place above PB it sounds like they'll get along great.

My MIL called and said she would be coming up here for A WEEK to paint the nursery and DDs new room for us. I told DH to tell her I wasn't handicapped and either was he but thank her for the offer. She cried.

• Thats so rude especially after you and your DH offered to put her up in a hotel. DH needs to put his foot down with this one.. you don't need the stress. How selfish of her! She should feel very uncomfortable. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay well my MIL wouldn't even offer. We live in two different states but even if I lived next door I'm sure she wouldn't even offer! Not that I'm complaining....:)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"