Breastfeeding
Options

Starting to enjoy BF'ing.

This morning at the 5am feeding I actually had the thought "aww, this is so nice." BF'ing was a struggle for the first month and then was just painful for awhile. Now the pain is almost non-existent, and I really am enjoying our cuddle/bonding time while BFing. Just wanted to give hope to those just starting out and struggling - there really is a light at the end of the tunnel.
DD 4yo DS 1yo

Re: Starting to enjoy BF'ing.

• Options
    That's awesome!  There is nothing like having a baby at the breast look up and smile at you.-- it gets even better with time. 
  • Options
    That's great.....you are definitely at the turning point now =)
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since I've discovered the nipple shield, I must admit that breastfeeding is much better than I could've ever imagined it would be.  The pain only lasted the first week or so and it's been smooth sailing since. 
  • Options
    that's great!  I'm feeling the same way.  The first month was HELL.  And then we both had thrush.  By 8 weeks we finally got it together and I love it.  6 months used to be my goal and now I want to go to a year!
  • Options

I was just talking about that to my DH...although for me it took a good 2+ months.  I enjoyed it before then but it took longer for me to become 100% comfortable with it.  I'm still working on BF'ing in public.

My goal also used to be 6 months but now I think I'm going to try for a year.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    thats great!  i was just saying the same thing to DH today about that.  too bad it took us almost 8 months to really get here (we had a real rough start  and i think i deserve a medal for making it past 2 weeks...maybe a big box of chocolates would do it though.) 
  • Options
    oh Great. This post really gives me hope. I just told my DH that I wanted to quit because of the pain and I have been constantly crying since I am having so many problems with my milk supply and latching on.. I got the nipple guard yesterday and that helped with the latch.. now I am just waiting for this pain to stop becoming some unbearable...
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it really got "easy" for me around 3ish months? I do remember having that feeling one day, too! I swear breastfeeding is mind over matter most of the time...congrats!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I loved breastfeeding. DD never latched, so I pumped exclusively for a year. DS latched right away. It was painful at first, but once I got past the first few weeks, I really enjoyed it and was kind of sad to give it up when he was 13 months!
  • Options
    That's great! I really enjoyed it too. I'm actually looking forward to nursing 2nd baby
  • Options
    So glad it gets that way!  A lot of the time I'm trying to distract myself by reading books outloud to DD or eating or watching TV while nursing since it's uncomfortable and seems to take forever sometimes!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers1 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats, that is really a special bonding time for baby and mommy!  My DS is almost 14 months and I exclusivly BF for 10 months, and I would have never thought that I would miss those times with my baby as much as I do, or how fast it would go.  My goal was to get to 6 months but by then it was going great so I just went day by day until we got to 10 months and DS self-weaned. 
  • Options
    Yes, your statement is very true.  I hated br'feeding the first 7 weeks but once that 7 week mark hit...I LOVED IT!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"