Parenting after 35
Options

S/O Fertility Aids

For those of you that took herbs, over the counter vitamins, etc. in order increase fertility, what did you take and did it "appear" to help?  We are going to TTC again in about a month and I thought I should take advance of the time to prep a little better this time.  I'm already taking prenatal vitamins and trying to lose the weight I gained, but am at a loss from there.  TIA!

Re: S/O Fertility Aids

• Options
    I read Maca can help. I only used it a couple of months & not consistantly. Do some research on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I took Chasteberry (Vitex), Astragalus and False Unicorn Root drops, Raspberry Leaf Tea, prenatal vitamins, Royal Jelly and Ginseng and used natural progesterone cream after ovulation. I also took wheatgrass once in a while. I also tried to eat more organic foods and cut back on coffee and alcohol. But I tried for a whole year so I had to start taking all those things for the last 6 months. I didn't start out taking anything but I gradually added stuff as the months went by. I had low progesterone so the Vitex and cream helped with that. Astragalus supports your immune system and False Unicorn helps your cycle. Raspberry Leaf helps tone your uterus but I only took it after ovulation. Royal Jelly/Ginseng also support your immune system.

I don't think I'll use all that stuff now if we TTC #2. I'm still taking vitamins and the royal jelly and ginseng, but that's it.

I think it helps if you know what hormones you need help with, if any. I went to Whole Foods and they have a huge reference book about different herbs. I also read a few books on the subject.

Yeah, nuts, but I think something must have worked for me. Or maybe it was psychological! Just make sure you don't take anything that could do more harm than good. Black Cohosh, for example, can affect your hormones in a bad way if you don't need it. It's important to do enough research b/c herbs are natural drugs and you need to know what you're taking.

Wow, that was a mouthful, hope that helped! Smile

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and also Goji berries, which are supposed to improve the quality of your eggs. They sell it in liquid form or as dried fruit.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    I took prenatals and Vitamin D (4000 ius a day) and then to regulate my cycles, I took soy isoflavones for cycle day 3-7, just like clomid. It worked; my cycles were textbook at about 30 days, I started ovulating regularly, and got pregnant in just a couple of months, after years of infertility. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"