Northern California Babies

Saturday say anything!

Anyone out there?

I have a few random things on my mind, so add your own. I know this board dies on the weekend but we know you're out there, people!   What's up?

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Saturday say anything!

• I have been changing Simon's diaper before I go to bed so he doesn't wake up wet.  He sleeps through it and I could just put him right back down, but I've been sitting in there holding him while he sleeps for like 30 minutes each night.  I just love, love, love the stage he's in right now and I don't want him to get bigger.  I'm trying to hold on to every moment I can.  He is so sweet and I love him so much.

• My brother is in town tonight with his FIANCEE (they got engaged last weekend!  whoo!).  There's also bunco going on, but I'm staying home because I had a work thing this morning and I'm going to be gone all morning tomorrow singing at church, so I feel like I need to stay home and hang with the hubs.  I'm sure we'll have a great time (bubbly & a movie on the docket) but sometimes I just wish I had a nanny and a chauffeur, know what I mean?
  • Loading the player...
  • I think my boys have inherited their father's insane need for sleep.  I am not complaining about this.  However, my DH's need for sleep tends to drive me crazy, so I can't imagine what this is going to be like when they are all grown up and I'm hearing "I really need to rest" out of THREE mouths rather than just one. 

• This thread is reminding me of the old school Amy posts where she used to talk to herself.  Maybe I should get a blog.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.  

Maybe I should unload the dishwasher.  

• You aren't all alone H.  ;)  Although, I too was reminded of Amy.

I am an upholstering queen.  Just helped DH upholster a center console for the Chevelle & it turned out fantastic if I do say so myself.  ;)

• I'm a purse-o-hollic.  DH knows this.  I don't discriminate by brand or anything, but a fabulous bag, is a fabulous bag.

While on his trip he went into a store, stood there for 10 min while he gawked at a wall of purses... for little ol' me.  He walked out empty handed and overwhelmed, but he walked into a purse store for me!!  Besides, if it was a bust, I wouldn't have been able to exchange it and he very smartly understood that.  ;)

Foreplay is when your DH shops for you, or at least thinks about it.  Say it with me ladies... brown chicken brown cow!

• I don't think I can take one more day of Kyva's whining! She's getting over being sick, so I understand she's not feeling herself right now, but girlfriend's gotta stop crying and yelling "NO!" in mama's ears! I'm also afraid that we created a bit of a monster by letting her watch all the tv she wanted while she was sick because now that's all she wants to do. We went to a super fun birthday party in a park for one of her BFFs today and all she did was melt down. Not even cupcakes could convince her to stop. It's been like this for days now and I can't take it anymore!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish you were coming to Bunco tonight. :( I know it makes me pathetic, but my husband is out of town until tomorrow (about 27 hours or so total separation), and I miss him. I got choked up when he drove off. Totally pathetic. I love my dog. He's looking at me right now and I feel like I wish I could put him in my pocket and take him with me tonight. He's such a love. I wish the baby would kick me some more. I love that feeling. I think my Bradley teacher is less educated about many things pregnancy than I am. I have to bite my tongue in class a lot. I wish I could format this paragraph better, but I'm on my iPad so wall of text is what you get. :P. And I wish you were coming to Bunco tonight!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm here for 2 seconds (because I'm leaving for bunco!). 

My mom is here and I'm glad because she's here to support Bunco for Babies.  But she drives me CRAZY.  And I know no one else will get why when they meet her.  I love her lots....but she drives me C.R.A.Z.Y.

• Oh and we're leaving for Disneyland Monday and I've been making myself crazy trying to make "special" outfits for Lainie to wear while we're there.  Like she'll care.

Whole lot of crazy up in here.

• I am sitting in bed with my feet up because I've had some spotting for the last week.  No cramps and everything has been dark brown. Dr. even checked and said she didn't see an active bleeding, yet I am freaking the F out because I am so worried we're going to lose this baby.

I am really trying to stay calm and relax but it's so hard when we've already been down this road.  I just want it to be next Friday so we can see the baby at our NT scan and that everything will be okay.   

• bunchbunch member

LOL, I forgot about those Amy posts until you mentioned that.  Amy, I know you're out there...

I don't have anything random to add, expect that I hope my kids don't scream all day tomorrow. 

And I hope our On Demand works tonight.  Last night DH was on the phone with the cable company for so long trying to fix it that I went to bed... because at some point its too damn late to start a movie, right?  So we don't know if it actually got fixed because the movie rental is only good for 24 hours.  I want to see TRON: Legacy, and yes, I know I'm a dork.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh, ladies, you have made me feel better.  Glad I'm not the only one with stuff on my mind. 

I'm about to cook dinner for me & DH, the boys are asleep, and I hear the champagne calling my name. 

Oh, and my brother, who waited ELEVEN years to propose to his girlfriend,  who has talked and talked and talked for most of those eleven years about how they don't want a big deal, they don't want drama, they don't want all the hoopla of a wedding "like yours, Heather", weddings are stupid, etc....  they are now talking about a 250+ guests type of deal in the wine country.  So funny how the tide turns when it's your turn, eh?  i cannot WAIT until they have kids (muah ha ha ha ha!!).

Missing all you Bunco-ites and greekwife, hope everything is ok.  I'll be sending you some dust!

• I just taught DS to put his toys away in the toy box. I know he thinks its an awesome game right now and I'm sure it wont last, but at the moment I'm super excited! Ds is sooooo close to walking, I'm not ready. Between climbing on things, the tantrums, and such, I'm just not ready. On a side note, I'm officially addicted to ju ju be bags, to the point where someone needs to tell me I don't need anymore. Hope you ladies are having a lovely weekend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DS is one month old (plus 2 days) now.  he's napping and i am supposed to be unpacking, but i would much rather watch him sleep.  he's so precious. 

this is more of a confession; hopefully you don't mind: i am getting over my heartache of not being able to BF anymore.  i know that many people think that low supply is a myth, but for me, it's true...even our LC told me that i should probably consider bottle feeding at this point b/c we have been trying lots of strategies.  i am heartbroken and i apologize to DS everytime i feed him.  but he is a happier, more content boy now.  this is not something i can talk about to anyone but DH b/c it makes me so incredibly sad and emotional.

we are trying to enjoy as much time outside since summer has officially slipped away and the fall/winter days are upon us.  boo.  this was our first proper summer in NZ and it was awesome...except i was a huge, 9 months pregnant lady! :)

• I had an amazing long nap with DS today, almost 3 hours.

I am heading to SJ next weekend and I know I won't have enough time to see all my friends and family.  I hate my work situation, but love some of my coworkers. 

• DH is away this weekends and J and I spent the whole day out doing nothing in particular. It was fun :) And while he took a nice long nap in the car while waiting around for friends to wake up for a play date I spent the whole drive looking around the area I want to move. Like, timed how long it took to get to certain things and checked out the stores and schools and neighborhood for so long I felt like a stalker. It was fun though! Love to try bunco and see everybody, but stuck home with the kiddo tonight :(
  • Heather!  Hi!  Love your sweet post about Simon!  Savor it and soak him up!  He IS precious! 

I have LOTS on my mind all the time lately.

I love where life is right now.  A few months ago I felt so blah and upset with life and my marriage and everything.  I feel like going back to work was really good for me.  Don't get me wrong I LOVED SAH with the boys but I have realized that for ME I need a little bit of work.  That said I applied for 2 different part time positions for next fall.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping! 

Things with me and big G have been so good lately I don't know what to even think of it.  I really never thought it was going to happen and for a long time felt like we were headed for the big D.  I feel shocked, thankful, and sometimes like when is it all going to fall apart again?

Being a mom of boys makes me pray, A LOT!  They are active, a little aggressive, and have no fear. Being a mother has grown me and challenged me more than anything I've ever done.  It has also made me feel more pride, joy, and love than I've ever known.

Sometimes when I'm teaching I break out into song.  Sometimes they are real songs, others they are ones I make up.  I have a student who is a kindred spirit and she also makes up dance moves to go along with her songs.  During share time the principal walked in while she and I were singing and dancing for the class.  She told me later that day seeing that made her love me even more.  I really, really love my principal and Kindergartners.

It's 9 and Garrett is STILL at freakin work!  I am ready to not be working full time cause we don't see enough of each other these days.

• Home from Bunco and wish I hadn't brought my mom with me.  Not only does she make me crazy, but she drank way too much and I literally had to help her up the stairs, help her into her pjs and tuck her into bed with a glass of water.  I am really bitter that a night I was so looking forward to ended up this way and I didn't really get to enjoy myself.  Lesson learned once again (and again and again and again and again).
  • I know its late, but I have a few more! First, Last night was my and SO's first official date night since before DS was born. Yes, first date night in almost 11 months! OMG, I forgot what it was like for a second there! I think part of our problems may be that we just don't spend any time together one on one without DS around. Trying to figure out who I need to bribe to help me make this a weekly thing (or at least twice a month)!

Second is I am leaving for Monterey for 3 days for training for work Monday morning. SO happens to be off next week for spring break, and my mom has offered to watch DS so SO can come down so we can spend my non training time together. As awesome as date night last night was, I told her no and didn't tell SO it was even an option. I am going down there with a group of about 9 people from work I am super close with, plus people from a few other departments, and I am just looking forward to going out with my friends for the first time since the week after I found out I was pregnant (it was this same training that we had a year and a half ago). I only feel slightly bad about not letting him come down to hang out. But, he hates hearing about my work stuff and wouldn't want to hang out with any of my friends. Plus, I think 3 days straight with DS without me around to help is just what he needs. Might sound kinda mean, but I am going to love coming home after 3 days to see what actually got done around the house (my guess is it won't be a whole lot), since he doesn't understand why I can't get more done when I am home with DS.

Cheers!Drinks

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love this thread. SO why not here are my thoughts.

It is noisey in my head these days. GEM's first b-day is comming up and I am finally wrapping my head around some details. We picked an awsome wheel chair assessable picnic/barb q area at sea cliff beach. I am going to do matching table clothes for the 6 picnic tables and a simple garland around the shade structure. She loves carrots so carrot cake for sure. Ok that is all I have so far but it is a start.

one of my oldest friends is really suffering with infertility and possibly crossing the line into clinical depression. She seems mad at me all the time so I have been giving her space lately. Her husband was over yesterday to hang out with DH. He shared with me that she misses me a lot and complins that I dont call much any more and that she fears losing the friendship. How can it be that she seems so uncomfortable when I do call or go by but also misses me. Relationships can be so confusing to me sometimes.

It is amazing what a can of paint and some elbow grease can do. We are half way done with painting the deck and the trim and it looks amazing!

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • CelynCelyn member
    It's Sunday, but I just wanted to say I'm really f'ing tired :)  I worked all weekend and came home to totally wrecked house.  It makes for one really ticked off mama.
  • I had a day off with my girlfriends and it was just what the doctor ordered !! I took a small road trip for a hair show, drank two bloody mary's by noon, bought some fun hair stuff, learned was inspired, laughed and had a good time with my girlfriend.

Dh built a play house outside for the boys while my friends dh and kid came over. They had a great day and I didn't feel guilty for being gone all day !!

It rocked Smile

I soooo needed that. Now dh and I just need a date night !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"