New York Babies
Options

Stroller Wars: Maclaren XT vs. City Mini

First time mom looking for opinions! Thanks everyone!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stroller Wars: Maclaren XT vs. City Mini

• Options
    It depends on your usage....The Maclaren (I have the Triumph) is lighter weight, folds smaller, and is a good reliable choice. However, the Citi Mini (what my bff has) can be used from birth onward with the car seat adapter. So, if you only want to buy one stroller, ever, the Maclaren isn't for you. But, the Maclaren is easier to use on buses, taxis, and getting up and down stairs in the subway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't know anything about Maclaren but I have a City Mini. I bought it because I wanted it to be my only stroller. But guess what..I'm going to buy a jogging stroller. LOL. I need to lose weight and its the only way I'll have time! Anyway, here are the pros and cons of the city mini-

Pros:

fairly light weight

amazingly easy folding mechanism, watch youtube video below

handles well on the sidewalks and over curbs

small width (per baby bargains its the best for wheel to wheel and thats part of why I got it) 

great canopy

can be used from birthy up

Cons:

Now that my son is older, I feel that the back support leaves a little to be desired, one review on amazon said they added a board because there is a pouch for it 

small under carriage. When its folded down for infant I have to put my diaper bag in it before I put my son in it

You can't jog with it (of course you can't with the Maclaren either though)

In an elevator it does take on  more space length wise although it takes up less width wise than most strollers 

Overall I like it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePu0kAD6J7s 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"