Eco-Friendly Family

natural teething remedies?

DS is in teething hell. 8 teeth at 8 months is not fun.  I dont want to keep giving him Orajel, but it is the only thing that takes away his pain :(  Tried  Tylenol, Motrin, carrots, teething bisquits, wash cloth, etc etc.

I want to buy him one of those amber teething necklaces. Anyone have a rec for a site to buy it from?  Any other recs on natural/homeopathic remedies? TIA!

DS- 4 years old, Natural m/c @ 7 weeks-12/1/09. Infertility issues- low ovarian reserve- low AMH and high FSH. Looking into adoption. Trying to figure out where to go with your little one? My favorite website is: Trekaroo AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: natural teething remedies?

• I got my amber necklace from here

It was a huge help when I was having wisdom tooth 

pain, and gets me a ton of compliments now :)

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Clove Essential Oil is a huge help.  I put about 4 drops into a tbsp of olive oil and then rub just a little of the oil mixture on her gums.
  • Loading the player...
  • The necklace never really worked for us, but that may have been because I was too paranoid to leave it on him when he slept or if I was going to step away from him for even a minute.

Hmmm.... is tequilla natural? ; )

• gentle naturals homeopathic teething liquid is great.

And frozen bananas. 

• I think the necklaces work to a point, DD was getting 6 teeth at one time and I really didn't notice a difference, but sometimes she liked wearing it anyway.  She also liked a cold spoon to chew on or an ice cube in a sock to suck on. I could never get the gels or meds in her mouth, so I can't comment on those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use a teething necklace from forfinn.com and we have this camomile liquid that he drinks. ?I can't remember the company but we?found?it a local natural store. ?We also put ice cubes in his Mesh feeder. ?
    47 months &
    11 months
  • haven't had to get them yet, but they make homeopathic teething tablets.  they even have them at BRU, which i found so weird.  good luck!!!
  • I haven't needed them yet, but my sister used the Hyland's Teething Tablets with my nephew and they worked great!
  • Thanks for the necklace link! Just bought one and found a 20% off code for it. Even better. I am also going to try some of your other ideas. Thanks ladies!
    DS- 4 years old, Natural m/c @ 7 weeks-12/1/09. Infertility issues- low ovarian reserve- low AMH and high FSH. Looking into adoption. Trying to figure out where to go with your little one? My favorite website is: Trekaroo AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"