Northern California Babies

Vent: My mother doesn't get it.

I had my first (since my loss) ob/gyn follow up this morning.  It was SO hard - not only seeing the pregnant women and photos of babies, but just going back in general.  Don't get me wrong - I am HAPPY for the pregnant women.  I LOVE babies.  I WANT everyone to be happy and healthy.  It is just painful right now. 

My mom called to find out how it went, and I told her how hard it was.  I was crying on the phone.  She seemed to be listening with only one ear, but gave me lots of "I know...I'm sorry...it's hard..." and the like.

Then, out of the blue and not related at all to our conversation she says:  "Oh!  Did I tell you that our (office) bookkeeper is pregnant?  She has a two year old, too!"  I immediately started crying..."Oh...is it not okay to tell you that?"  I tried to explain that while I certainly want to know, and celebrate, if/when friends and family are pregnant, there is no need for her to tell me about this given the conversation we/I just had.  She didn't get it at all.  And it made me cry even harder.

Thanks mom...thanks so much.

Vent over...for now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vent: My mother doesn't get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"