3rd Trimester

Swelling

Anyone else do great at the beginning and then get bad swelling in their feet and ankles around now?  (34-34 weeks)?

I was great until this week...can't even wear real shoes now.

Re: Swelling

• Me - that is about when it got bad.  I'm now a little further and still swollen - especially at the base of my fingers.  It probably won't get better . . .
  • Yes, I don't wear any of my shoes that I used to wear. I can fit in my clogs, and Uggs - no more flats cause my feet hang out of them. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess it's "normal" and nothing really to do about it huh?  We also happen to be moving this weekend which really sucks with that going on.  Feet elevated and lots of water??
  • Yes!!!  Today was the first day I noticed any swelling in my feet and ankles.  They felt a little tingly/numb, and when I took off my shoes to put my feet up, I was surprised by how much fatter they looked. 

• :::waves hand in the air:::

Absolutely! I was fine until a week and a half ago or so. My feet had gotten puffy (I thought) a few times when I was on them too long, but NOW I know what people were really talking about. I couldn't believe my doctor wasn't concerned. I can barely get my crappy old flip flops on, and forget about wearing any of my other shoes. My ankles were cankles at first, but now the ankles are WAY more swollen than the rest of my legs... and they hurt like someone hit them with a bat. Ugh.

Anyway, apparently this is another "normal" symptom of pg. Keep hydrated and keep them up. =( 

• Yeah - suddenly at 33 weeks my feet puffed out. I find it repulsive! I hate the way the swelling makes my ankles, legs, feet look. I even had swollen forearms, which was weird.

The only help for them is to keep my feet elevated as much as possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"