Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Up past bedtime=normal sleep pattern???

When you keep your baby up past their normal bedtime, do they typically still sleep the same amount of hours?

For example, if baby usually goes to bed around 7 and sleeps an 8 hour stretch, will they usually still sleep an 8 hour stretch if you don't put them down until 9pm? 

DS was put to sleep at 9:30 tonight. He was not overly tired since I managed to get him to take some evening naps. I'm just looking for some hope that he will not wake every 2 hours to eat. =)

Re: Up past bedtime=normal sleep pattern???

• Options
    she always wakes up earlier id i put her to bed later
  • Options
    I'm jealous that your baby has a normal bedtime! Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm jealous that your baby has a normal bedtime! Stick out tongue
  • Options
    if we wait, she gets overtired & then we usually have a rough night.?
  • Options

Aw man, I better go to bed soon in case he wakes up a lot tonight.

Yeah, we started a bedtime routine and it's working really well. Around 7pm (or when he gets fussy) we give him a bath, dress him, feed him, rock him and put him down. At first it took a lot of patting his back and rocking him to get him to sleep, but now I can usually put him right down and he falls asleep on his own. Some nights I have to pat his back, etc. 

• Options
    I'm also jealous that he has a normal bedtime!!!
  • Options
    That's great that you have a bedtime routine it really helps them have good sleeping habits to start early. From my experience if I put my kids down to sleep later then tend to actually sleep less not longer. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"