TTC After a Loss

mandyjn16

I wish my DH could spend lots of time with me this weekend, but he has 2 shows tomorrow and will be gone from midday till midnight. And he has another show on Sunday.

I have a friend coming round with a bottle of red and a movie tomorrow night, so I will not be alone all day. Shall be my first drink in over 10 weeks, I bet it will go straight to my head. Cheap date.

How are you, no Halloween party for you tonight??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: mandyjn16

• I am pretty good. No Halloween party for me. DH works from 2p-9p so we haven't been able to do much for Halloween the past 2 years. Our favorite thing to do is hand out candy to the kids anyway. We are not big partyers. Sorry about DH being busy, but yay for good friends! I know when DH had to go back to work after our loss I was beside myself. Luckily one of my friends "happened" to stop by and bring a movie. It meant a lot to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Did you hand out much candy tonight? It seems like this neighborhood here in Toronto was full of them. I was glad I was dropping my family off at the airport and missed them all, couldn't cope with them tonight.

Thank god for our friends hey??

?

• Loading the player...
  • Yes friends are a godsend!

No candy either. I just haven't been in the mood for Halloween. Not too sure if it is because I should have had a baby to dress up this year or if it just isn't as much fun w/o DH or what, but I didn't even buy any candy this year.  I am not too sure it would have mattered. I didn't see very many kids out anyway.

So are you a yoga instructor or just love doing yoga?

• At least you didn't have any candy left over to eat! Unlike me, I just ate far too many Godiva Truffles that my family bought me.

Yes I am a yoga instructor, I certified at OM Yoga, NYC and was teaching right up until my DH booked the show and we took off on the road. I have been teaching some of the cast which has been good.

My practice however has been a little lacking. Although I am fully qualified to teach PreNatal yoga I was just so scared and didn't want to loose another baby that I haven't been doing any. Fear is so paralyzing. And where did it get me anyway...?

• Yeah I know that feeling. I did everything I possibly could to make sure I was having a healthy baby and it still didn't work. I only ask because I have never really tried yoga, but am interested in it. My friend who was pg with me is a yoga devotee and I swear that is the reason her labor went so well.

• It really is an amazing thing for your body, mind and soul. Ask your friend to recommend a teacher that she thinks will suit your personality. It may take a few tries to find a teacher that you really connect with and like their style.

When I had my D&C on Wednesday, the amount of oxygen measured in my lungs was 100% and when they listened to my lungs with a stethoscope he said "oh boy, I don't even need to use it, I can hear your lungs from here"!

And that I swear is from my breathing exercises during my yoga practice. Even after being a smoker for 10 years, a pack a day (gave up 7 yrs ago) my lungs are that good. Just a small example of the impact of yoga.

• Wow! I knew that about the teacher from talking to her. She was sharing her yoga woes when her fav techer left and she had to find a new one. Sometimes they offer yoga at my church and I love to "try" to follow the yoga on FitTV. It is usually relaxing.

• Go for it girl, take some classes. This TTC journey is so stressful, full of anxiety and we all know everyone says "as soon as I relaxed, I got pregnant".

Keep me posted on how it goes and feel free to ask any questions.?

• Thanks! I will let you know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"