Multiples
Options

XP: NMR Pedicure warning!

I have heard of this happening but I never thought it would happen to me. ?A few weeks after the boys were born I needed a few hours to myself so I went and got a pedicure at one of those nail places in the mall. ?I was reading a magazine and relaxing when whatever she was doing really started to hurt. ?I looked down and she had pulled the cuticules on both of my big toes out and it was bleeding. ?It hurt but I didn't think much of it. ?Fastforward a few weeks to when they started to grow back and it hurt to even wear shoes.?I finally went to the doctor this week because I was in so much pain and both toes have a major infection and the toe nail was in-grown really bad. ?He sent me to a podiatrist yesterday who had to cut half of my nail out. ?It is painful I can barely walk and is really putting a damper on my last week home with the boys. ?I am also going to have to wear dress shoes next week when I go back to work and I'm just not sure how I'm going to be able to it.Anyway, my point is you need to very careful about those nail places. ?The podiatrist said he sees so many woman with infections and he would tell people to never get one. ? My feet may never be the same again :-(
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: XP: NMR Pedicure warning!

• Options
    Yeah I stopped going.  I will get one occasionally from the spa that I go to but they are so expensive it is only for treats.
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    Yikes!  I hope you feet feel better soon.  Someone I work with had to have part of her finger amputated because of an infection she got from a nail salon.  I think I'll make DH do my pedicures from now on! 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG, that is terrible!! I hope your poor feet heal quickly!

Did you go to a spa or was it one of those quicky, strip mall style nail places?

• Options
    That's awful! And a good warning, because I'd been thinking a pedi would be a nice treat ... I hope you heal quickly.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I am always scared to go to those places, though I have gone many times.  Now I usually will just go to the expensive spa places if I do really want a pedi.  But it is so much money!  I have a friend at work that got a terrible infection from a pedi too, and I remember she was in so much pain.  I hope you can manage to wear whatever shoes you need to for work. 
  • Options
    Oh, bummer.  I was going to get one tomorrow.  Hope your foot feels better.
    Trina

• Options
    I was thinking of possibly treating myself before the girls arrive. I tried last week painting my toes and it was such a work out! I have only gone and had a pedi once before and it was not the best experience, so combine that with your story I think I will just continue with my struggle.
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"