Babies: 0 - 3 Months

**Bejebus**

How did you wean DC? Once he woke up, did you just put him back down each time arms out again? All night long?

DD woke up, and I just wrapped her back, arms in. Maybe that wasn't the right thing to do, but she went right back to sleep when I put the arms back in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Bejebus**

• I went 100% cold turkey- both arms out first night, just used a regular receiving blanket to wrap from his chest down. 

I rocked, and nursed, and rocked, and when he was dead asleep, I put him in the crib.  And he was up half an hour later.  And we rocked and nursed and rocked again... and he was up half an hour later.  This went from 7:30 until 10, when I went to bed, and took him with me (we don't usually co-sleep).  That way, I could soothe him without either of us waking up all the way.  I was half-awake most of the night, but it wasn't too bad.  Night 2 was exactly the same and I almost lost my mind. 

Then night 3- the only change I made was putting a rolled-up receiving blanket in his crib so that he was almost sleeping on his side.  He seemed to like that after nursing in bed with me, slept really well on his side.  I rocked and rocked and rocked, and he went down at 8PM... and didn't wake up until his regular 1:45Am feeding. 

Wow that got long.  Good luck, and try again tomorrow night!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"