Trying to Get Pregnant

Most horrible names EVER...

Hey some of us were discussing terrible baby names in chat. Thought it might be fun to see some of the worst y'all have ever heard or just names you truly don't like. 

OK GO..

worst I have read about: Lemonjello, Orangejello, Nosmoking, and Placenta..  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Most horrible names EVER...

• I'll drop them in here as well

Clymidia 

and

La-a (pronounced la dash a)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here, try out some snopes.com before you go posting urban legends and someone busts out with La-a
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Loading the player...
  • My cousin named her boys Ocean Julio and Island Aurora...yes I said boys.

• imageChoicesMom:

I (obviously) love unique and strange names.  Some names however, are too strange even for me.  In my home town this is a sibling group:

Trust-in-the-Lord (girl)

God-is-my-Strength (boy)

Praise-God (boy)

Messiah-Brings-Peace (girl)

There are at least two other siblings but I don't know their names.

Oh boy. Love the hyphenated FNs. My friend's nieces and nephews are

Prayer Hallelujah (girl)

Caidman Rain (boy)

Che Love (boy)

Song Bird Xang (girl)

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • song bird? That is HORRIBLE!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A family in my hometown used these for girls names...

Cougar

Jaguar

Tyger

• imagesiple1am:

A family in my hometown used these for girls names...

Cougar

Jaguar

Tyger

Rawr

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    Here, try out some snopes.com before you go posting urban legends and someone busts out with La-a

As I posted in chat, I've seen it on snopes, but I had a student, on my 4th grade roster last year with this name. La-a. She hates it and hates her mom for it. Snopes also says the lemonjello and orangello is also fake.

• imageChoicesMom:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageChoicesMom:

I (obviously) love unique and strange names.  Some names however, are too strange even for me.  In my home town this is a sibling group:

Trust-in-the-Lord (girl)

God-is-my-Strength (boy)

Praise-God (boy)

Prayer Hallelujah (girl)

Caidman Rain (boy)

Che Love (boy)

Song Bird Xang (girl)

Wow, Prayer Hallelujah should join the family that I know! Another thing about these kids is that they refuse to go by nns, you have to call them by their full first name.  It takes a long time to get anything said to them.

Makes you wish we lived in a country where name choices has to be approved.Life just has to suck for those kids. I find it kind of interesting - remember that family that named their kids Adolf Hitler, Aryan something and something else white-supremist? Everyone was all upset about that, and yet these insanely long and difficult faith based names are probably just as no-no freakonomics wise, and I'll bet there's been no heat.

And yes, I realize that Adolf Hitler and his siblings' names symbolize hate while Trust-in-the-Lord and her siblings have names that are intended to be sybolic of love and faithful inspiration. But when you get down to brass tax, all the names have stigma. They will all cause these kids (and adults when they grow up) some degree of hardship and discrimination.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • My friend has a foster son.  His first name is Knowledge.  His middle name is Able. Knowledgeable.   No joke.  I know him, he's in the same nursery room as my youngest at church.

I also have a sort of cousin (my aunt and uncle are her legal guardians) named DeVine Star.

• Not the worst name ever, but my dad used to wor with a guy who named his daughter Aurora Rose. Try saying that 5x fast.
  • I know a Family with 4 boys:

Wisom, Justice, Courage, and.... wait for it..... David. 

Another boy I went to school with was named Jon Jonathan (first name, last name) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Expecting #2 In June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCamJack mom:

LOL!  That is funny!! 

DSC_0263
  • Phareal (pronounced Fa-real), BJ Head, and my mom almost named me after the douche Summer Eve (my aunt had to point that out to her).

Me - 37  DH - 38
    Married - Nov 2002
    DS - born April 2007
    DS - born Feb 2013
    DD - due June 13, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have had some doosies in the past, but the ones that come to mind right now are:

Lillian Anne (I don't know, it's a lot of Ann's for me)
    Justus (pronounced Justice)
    and a family with three girls named ShaMya, ShaMary and ShaMyce

My sister also teaches, and last year she had a kid named Master. His sister's name was Goddess, and the baby sister's name was Diamond. Why? Just why?

• I work at two schools in very low-income, high needs neighborhoods and we have a lot of kids whose names are not spelled in a way that makes sense phonetically or the "right" way.  Vowels don't sound the way that they do in standard English ("A"s sound like "E"s, etc) and there are some very strange consonant pairings that don't happen in Standard English are common.

Someone I know was saying something about the parents being jerks for naming their kids that, but really I think many of our parents are only semi-literate and it makes sense to them.  If you look at the spelling, a lot of our kids whose names are spelled oddly are spelled the way a 2nd or 3rd grader would spell them.

The names that really sounds awful to me are rhyming names!  My friend's dad was named "William Gilliam"...seriously?

Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• imageHydeBride:
    Phareal (pronounced Fa-real), BJ Head, and my mom almost named me after the douche Summer Eve (my aunt had to point that out to her).

Thank heavens for your aunt!

• My DH has a client named *** Ransom. I lol every time we invoice him. I heard of a boy named Tre' the apostaphy is not silent. Tre-postraphy.
  • In Freakonomics, they mention a kid named Sh!thead...pronounced Sha-teed.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • imagepsychgirl33:

I work at two schools in very low-income, high needs neighborhoods and we have a lot of kids whose names are not spelled in a way that makes sense phonetically or the "right" way.  

I see names like this all the time, but  from all demographics not just the low-income families. 

• imageOutOnALimb55:
    My DH has a client named *** Ransom. I lol every time we invoice him. I heard of a boy named Tre' the apostaphy is not silent. Tre-postraphy.
    Haha. Can't say d!ck on the bump. Lol
  • I went to college with a girl named "Mylanta".  She said she was named that because her mother drank so much of it while pregnant (I swear this is true).
  • I can't think of any right now, but this thread is so damn funny!

BFP #1 5/26/11 - said goodbye to our DD at 13w on 7/29/2011 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #2 12/16/11 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #3 1/21/12 - Welcome Zoey Paige - 9/23/12! 
    BFP #4 11/27/13 - STICK BABY!
    married 7.26.08 

• I dont think it is horrible but my one of my good friends names is Shiquita (almost like the banana).

She soo owns her name and can pull it off. Me I could not get away with being a Shiquita.

• Oh another one  a boy named Fox.
  • Gonarheia was a girl I went to high school with. She lived up to her name and did wind up giving Gonorrhea to several football players.
  • I went to school with twins named Carlette (not so bad) and Corvette (very bad) and a "Mister".  The most interesting name I had in class (as a teacher) was Josue.  I thought the name was very country -- for a girl.  Turns out, it was a male student, and it was pronounced JO-see-ay.  Finally, there is a MLB player named Chone (pronounced Sean).

• imageCamJack mom:

I'll drop them in here as well

Clymidia 

and

OMG, I love the La-A one...such a funny story/urban legend with that one.
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imagesiple1am:

A family in my hometown used these for girls names...

Cougar

Jaguar

Tyger

Rawr

LOL

These are some truly horrible names. All I have to add is there were sisters in high school named Pepper WarEagle and Tiger {not sure of her middle name}. Gotta love those football fans! I also know somebody named Bama. 

• imageStucas:
    Not the worst name ever, but my dad used to wor with a guy who named his daughter Aurora Rose. Try saying that 5x fast.

That is the name of the princess in sleeping beauty...Princess aurora...briar rose, he just combined it to Aurora rose.... It is on my list of girl names when I was little . :)  

• Also not the worst ever, but I know someone who named their son Haye Jude.
    ~Adrienne~ 

Elias Jonathon, born Feb 2012
    Baby Girl due Mar 2015
  • Not the worse names ever but I still to the day cannot understand why a parent would name their kid Marshal if their last name was Arts; Marshal Arts... Or Crystal with the last name Glass, poor girl got a lot of "give me a break" jokes.

Although my favorite has to have been the girl I knew who legally changed her name to Wave Wovenbasket, why Wovenbasket you might ask... She really liked her basket weaving class in college. What's sad is I couldn't make that sh!t up if I tried 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageChoicesMom:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageChoicesMom:

Trust-in-the-Lord (girl)

God-is-my-Strength (boy)

Praise-God (boy)

Prayer Hallelujah (girl)

Caidman Rain (boy)

Che Love (boy)

Song Bird Xang (girl)

Wow, Prayer Hallelujah should join the family that I know! Another thing about these kids is that they refuse to go by nns, you have to call them by their full first name.  It takes a long time to get anything said to them.

Makes you wish we lived in a country where name choices has to be approved.Life just has to suck for those kids. I find it kind of interesting - remember that family that named their kids Adolf Hitler, Aryan something and something else white-supremist? Everyone was all upset about that, and yet these insanely long and difficult faith based names are probably just as no-no freakonomics wise, and I'll bet there's been no heat.

And yes, I realize that Adolf Hitler and his siblings' names symbolize hate while Trust-in-the-Lord and her siblings have names that are intended to be sybolic of love and faithful inspiration. But when you get down to brass tax, all the names have stigma. They will all cause these kids (and adults when they grow up) some degree of hardship and discrimination.

I was just thinking of this.  "Adolf Hitler Campbell and his sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell"

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479904,00.html 

See also: Ima Hogg (and her mythical sister, Ura Hogg).

And yesterday DH told me about this guy in Japan, whose name is Takeshi Tanaka.  Not bad by itself, but his username for his Email is first name, followed by first letter of his last name.  Takeshi T

TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
  • Demondrick King was a student where I used to teach. He was a demon king child. 

A student I have right now has a cousin name Crystal Chandelier.  

Brother's ex-girlfriend's mom is RebelJane. All one word. 

I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagemanda42:

I know a Family with 4 boys:

Another boy I went to school with was named Jon Jonathan (first name, last name) 

LOL, I wonder if David feels left out? Funny.

While my sister worked as a candystriper in the maternity ward there was a newborn named Cash Money.

• My mom's friend called her daughter Snow.......that's not the bad part, their last name is White.  Snow White!  WHY!??  That's just begging to have other kids make fun of your child.
  • imagepennyandandy:

Justus (pronounced Justice)

This one is actually a biblical name, and I believe that's how it's supposed to be pronounced.

• imagemanda42:

I work with a David Davidson.

• My cousins name is Ruby Tuesday... Yes after the beatles song...
  • imagemanda42:

I know a Family with 4 boys:

I immediately thought of the Friends episode where Rachel's dad and Ross were making fun of Rachel's chiropractor (Dr. Robert Bobby)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"