Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Ear Question

Kaylee seems to grab and pull at her right ear fairly often. She's not fussy, does not seem to be in pain, she just tugs at it or holds it. Could it just be waxy build up (I tend to get an itch inside my ear)? Or is it possible it could be something else? I'm going to ask my pedi about it at her 9 month, which is two months away, unless someone feels I should go sooner. TIA

Re: Ear Question

• Ear tugging is also a symptom of teething. If she doesn't have a fever (even low grade) and isn't waking up in the night screaming, its probably teething. Although DS was diagnosed with an ear infection this week, he was tugging and waking up in the night but no fever. I made the mistake of thinking it was teething and waited 2 days to call. I recommend just calling your pedi and seeing what they say. They may want to check her just in case. Mine said, eliminate all the other possibilities and then go to teething.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No fever or waking during this night, it's been happening for a couple weeks though. Probably right around the time her first 2 teeth came in. Thanks for the tips, I'll see how she does over the weekend and call Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"