Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Facing people first time since loss..

I havent really been around people since the loss on Monday.  I have been avoiding friends and our church family because I didnt feel emotionally ready to deal with them. 

Well tonight DH & I have to take our girls to the Fall Festival at our church so they can safely trick or treat.  I am really not looking forward to going and people "swarming me" and telling me how sorry they are. I dont know how to deal with it.  I know they love me dearly, but I am just afraid the first person that comes up to me is going to make me cry.

How did you deal with facing people afterwards?  Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Facing people first time since loss..

• Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this.  It is very hard to face people for the first time, but at some point you have to do it.  Maybe you could just tell them that you don't want to talk about it?  I will be sending you positive vibes tonight. 
  • Options
    I'm probably no help, but the people that I have run into, if I cry, I cry.  I feel justified, and so I just let it out.  Just like we are all dealing in our own way, people will approach you differently, so unfortunately, you kind of take it as it comes.  I will send up a prayer for strength and courage for you tonight.  Big hugs - I hope your girls have fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What I found that helped was I talked with one person. I then asked her to talk with our friends, to let them know I would talk on my terms, when I was ready. Right now if someone brings it up, I get teary eyed and say, "I don't want to talk about it, it'll make me cry." Most people should understand. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is probably coming too late to help you but the next day after we found out about our m/c we had to attend my MIL's viewing. Basically, I was going to see pretty much every single person I know and most of them weren't aware of the m/c at that point! I enlisted the help of my BIL and SIL to "protect" me by cornering people before they got to me and giving them the news and telling them not to talk about it to me at this point. It was very helpful. I only really cried when my aunt and grandmom came up to me crying. Not too bad considering the circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"