Pregnant after 35

anyone as old as me at 44?

Hi. I'm a newbie to the bump, though not to pregnancy. I'm 44, 20 weeks pregnant and I have 4 boys 23,21,19 & 4 and now pregnant with number 5...all with the same husband.  Boy am I tired with this pregnancy.  I am scheduled to have an ultrasound this week and anxious to see the outcome.

Re: anyone as old as me at 44?

• I's close....I am 41, I will deliver at 42......age is just a state of mind....but I have to admit, I am tired too!!!!
  • 42, almost 43 at birth - so close but not quite.  Still old enough to raise a medical eyebrow....

Welcome and good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I too am a newbie. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 22 years and we have 4 children ages 21,19, 17,  and 14. We have just relocated accross the country for my husbands job when...Suprise! Baby number 5! 

My biggest worry is if the baby will be healthy. Lots of sleepless nights for me. I had an ultrasound last week and everything looks ok so far. I am scheduled for an amnio test at 19 weeks. Hopefully he will be ok and I will be able to stop worrying.

• welcome and congrats!  i'm 39, but also married to my highschool sweetie.  we have 3 girls.  almost 16, 13, and 5.  had my tubes tied 5 years ago so SURPRISE, #4 due in about 4 weeks! 

i bet your kids are super excited!  how about your DH?  mine has had a hard time dealing, but is now getting used to it, thankfully!  best of luck to you!  can't wait to hear what #5 will be!  be sure to let us know!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Almost 43 here!  On Parenting 35+ I know we have someone who is 46 with a one-year old.  Welcome!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • 43 and pregnant with my 4th ...i have all sons so far ,a 22 yr old 20 yr old and a 13yr old Welcome
  • 41 and having my first (and only).  I'm just squeaking it in before my 42nd birthday.  Hope this pregnancy is a breaze for you.  Just think, you have a whole slew of free labor at your disposal!  :)
    Golly Gee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My almost 5 yr old is excited, the other older boys are ho-hum mostly. My husband is great with #5. We are trusting the Lord with this little one, as He is the giver of life!

I will be sure to post what my ultrasound reveals!

• I'm sorry you are stressing over this pregnancy. I have had some troubling thoughts due to my age, but I am trusting my God that He knows best and I can absolutely trust Him with the outcome.  God is the "giver of life" and he has a purpose for every baby conceived.

Hope this helps.

• imagePeppernut:
    Almost 43 here!  On Parenting 35+ I know we have someone who is 46 with a one-year old.  Welcome!
    Really? Who?
  • Had my ultrasound today and was pleasantly surprised to find that I'm finally going to have a little girl. Its wonderful news after 4 boys!!

She is measuring small, so I was told to start drinking Ensure. I bought Boost tonight, hopefully I'll like how it tastes. Everything else on the baby and cord looks good, but both ovaries still show a cyst and one has gotten bigger, so I was recommended to see a gynecologist in the same practice.  Hopefully I can wait till after the birth to do anything extensive.

Pink thoughts tonight!! 

• hi their,

43 and just found out preg w bb#5. excited/

nervous till past danger zone. I have all girls

so far 15,10,9,and a 20 month old. Hoping for

a boy and of course wouldn't mind another

little girl!  Because of my age I get so much

negative feedback and that was just from

saying we are not done when someone asks.

Wy are people family/friends etc so negative?

I just pray I dont loose it only because of age/

prehypertension and still breastfeeding.

any suggestions 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"