Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Eczema ?s

So Luke's cradle cap just wasn't fitting the bill and then he started getting little red marks on his face and then 2 days ago, I see a bit of the rash starting on his elbows.  Call the pedi and she says put Aquafor on it until we see the dr next week for our 6 mos check-up.  Tonight, I take off his outfit and this "rash" is all over his butt, back of the legs and neck. 

If your dc has Eczema, does this sound right?  Of course, all this coincides w/ starting solids and our first cold. 

Re: Eczema ?s

• Options
    Hi, My son had the same thing for months and got the same type of rash. My doctor told me to also put the Aquafor on it. I did that for a couple months it helped but it would still come back and he had this really bad patch in the crease of his neck that seemed to bother him. When I went back to his next appt. the doctor told me to try cortizone I did - it went right away within a couple of days and never came back. I wish she had told me to do that from the beginning....
  • Options

Oh man, my DS had cradle cap from about 10 weeks on, and developed eczema right around the same time - he had it bad bad bad for a few months, until we started putitng hydrocortisone on it. He would get red rashes on his knee and elbow creases, but a more scaly rash on his cheeks and arms and legs. We use a combo of regular Eucerin with the hydrocortisone, and put Eucerin on him twice a day. I also swear by Badger Balm, which is an olive oil balm, for his head to keep the cradle cap/dry skin at bay.

We tried various homeopathic remedies (calendula cream, iris cream), but they didn't work much. Luckily, he's grown out of it, but he still has super sensitive skin (in that soap at bathtime makes him break out - aaaah!). Anyway, hth and hope he gets better!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hydrocortizone cream is the only thing that really works.  We use it nightly after our son's bath and he hasn't had a problem since we started using it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"