Northern California Babies

Feeling overwhelmed - baby blues?

So many things have been happening so fast and yesterday I lost it.

5 days after DH and I brought DD home, someone crashed into our car. It was parallel parked facing down a hill and a lady, who was paying more attention to her CD player than driving, crashed into it. Luckily there were about 7 witnesses, but she still tried to look at the damage she did to our car and tell them "that was already there, I didn't do that" even as her car was butted up against ours and forced out car up onto the curb. Her insurance company has been taking their sweet time appraising the damage so our car hasn't been touched in a week at the body shop. So we've been having to drive a rental car and now just had to shell out more money to rent it for another week while our car (hopefully) gets repaired.

Then, as DH still works for his mom, she hasn't paid him his paycheck because people aren't paying their bills to the business. So we haven't been able to pay our rent, or buy groceries and we have food in the house, but just the odds and ends where I don't know how I would put them together to piece together a meal. Tomorrow, my parents are coming to see us and the baby and are taking us grocery shopping, which I hate. I hate that my parents are having to give us money for fundamental things like groceries because DH hasn't gotten his paycheck. Luckily our landlords are really nice and understand where we're coming from, but still. It makes me feel like an irresponsible person when it's not even my fault. If I had disability coming in right now, I wouldn't be so worried. But as it stands, I have another week or so before I even get word from EDD about how much I'll be receiving.

Not only that, but MIL put her company's return on extension, which means DH and I can't file our tax returns because he has a K1 coming. So right now, we're supposed to get a fairly large refund back, which we are putting back into his college tuition. But we can't do that or use it as a pad for emergencies right now because she hasn't filed the daMn return.

On top of all that, BF is becoming more a failure and it's affecting me more than I thought it would. My supply isn't anywhere close to even making a full 3 oz a day, so DD is mostly supplemented on formula. We're also having latch problems, and the nipple shield blocks her nose airway because of her strange latch. She's also averaging one poop a day and as of right now, hasn't pooped in over 24 hours. I called the doctor and she gave me some remedy suggestions, but still. I pump as much as I can but it just isn't working how I'd hoped. I at least want to continue pumping as much as possible until DD gets her first shots. If I can even make it that far at this point, I'll be one happy mama.

Sorry to lay this on, but I don't have really anyone to talk to here. Thanks for reading. I owe you a Drinks or Beer. :)

Re: Feeling overwhelmed - baby blues?

• Yikes! That is a lot going on!  Lots of hugs headed your way!  I can imagine how tough it would be to deal with those situations alone, but to throw them all together and have a new baby, that makes it even harder.

Please feel free to come here and chat.  I remember when A was a few weeks old I broke down and came here to vent about how I was feeling. I still remember the post and just knowing that others have gone through it and that IT IS tough, really helped me a lot.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ((HUGS))  That's a whole lot to deal with on top of having a newborn. Sorry this is all coming at once. We're here when ever you need to vent/cry/talk.... :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow, no wonder you feel overwhelmed! I'm sure anyone would with all that going on, even without a new baby. Your MIL is a real piece of work not to pay her own son for work he's already done when he has a family to support. I sure hope she isn't paying herself either. You're doing a great job! This sounds like a good time for a drink. A beer might even boost your milk production.
  • I am so sorry to hear that you have so much on your plate right now. And having a brand new baby to boot really ups the ante. I know it's hard, but looking at the positive side, at least your parents are there to support you. And you have a husband who loves you and a little gal who definitely does, too. 

I know how overwhelming those first few weeks are. Just keep chugging along and soon, I promise, things will get better.

Big hugs!  

• imageZoeMay06:
    Your MIL is a real piece of work not to pay her own son for work he's already done when he has a family to support.
    This!  And, doesn't sound like baby blues, sounds like a lot on your plate!
  • Jesus! that's crazy. How can she not pay him? If MIL can't pay her employees maybe they should look for other jobs! I'm so so sorry. And the insurance co must be in violation of some laws here, I can't believe you are having to pay for a rental car when this person completely plowed into you. I would be calling them 10 times a day until they did waht they are supposed to do. 

I am so so sorry. Big hugs. I would be a mess too. As far as the BF, that sucks too, but don't be hard on yourself. It's a very difficult process. I didn't think it was going to work for us and I was definitely sad but lots of babies grow up on formula and turn out just fine-look at me for example :)  

Anyway, I agree, this is different from baby blues. This is a tough time for you in many ways, and I hope it gets better soon.  

• :-(

I agree with most everything posted up there: shame on your MIL. And know that one day you'll return the favor to your parents.

Have a beer (you've earned it and it will help your supply) and then have some cheesecake (ditto) and when you're grocery shopping, pick up some ingredients and make lactation cookies.(https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/LACTATION-COOKIES-1252680 - add an extra egg)

I would even try some meditation before and during pumping and nursing to calm your body and help things flow. Nothing big, maybe just counting your breaths and allowing your thoughts to come and go as they will. 

Huge, huge hugs!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"