Pregnant after a Loss
Options

oh crap, how long am i supposed to fast?

I'm doing my 3-hr test in the morning and was hoping to go first thing when I wake up.  The lab is open 24/7, so I can go early and get done early... before all the sickos and wierdos show up (I'll be waiting in the ER waiting room).  But I just looked at my lab orders and all it has is the GST circled and my doctor wrote "fasting 10 20 30".  What does this mean?  How long am I supposed to fast?

"Nothing after midnight" rings a bell, but I don't know if that's because I read it somewhere while researching online.  Anyone know the deal???

Re: oh crap, how long am i supposed to fast?

• Options

Nevermind, I realized that since the lab is open 24/7 I could just call and ask.  Shoulda had a V8.

(It's 8-10 hrs if anyone needs to know!)

• Options

Where is the PIP of you in the too small overalls????

and yes, fasting for at least 8 hours.  so "nothing after midnight" is right.  put some food in your purse that you can shove in your mouth the second the test is done!  you'll be glad you have it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    eek, see my halloween confession about the overalls.  it was a sad, sad situation!
  • Options
    HAHAHA  i just read your ocnfession!  when i was still working, i often had to change into bigger scrub pants after lunch (the hospital unit I work on provides scrubs for us).  It was SUCH a relief. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but I think it is just plain anti-American to have to fast on Halloween. Come over and I'll make you some pre-fast No Pudge Brownies... I looooove those.....and making some is my big exciting Halloween plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"