Babies on the Brain
Options

Anyone else with a septum?

I am new to the bump and I am looking to see if anyone else has/had the same issues I have.

In March of this year I had to have an outpatient surgery for what is called a vaginal septum.  It's like the septum in your nose, but this one is not suppose to be there.  It ran from the top of my uterus to the vaginal opening in essence I have 2 tubes, 2 uteri, and 2 cervixes. The surgery in March was to remove the septum from the vaginal opening up as far as they could without having to operate invasively.  The surgery went fine and I am all healed, but my chances of miscarriage are greater as are preterm labor and breach babies.  I was just looking to see if anyone else on here has had the same type of situation.

DH and I are waiting to start TTC until after he graduates college in December of this year, but I wanted to start getting my ducks in a row first!

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Re: Anyone else with a septum?

• Options
    Hmm, can't help you, just wanted to say Welcome and Good Luck!  You may want to Copy (XP) this post on the Trouble TTC board.  Not that you are going to have difficulty yourself, but they may have some additional feedback for you. 
  • Options
    I don't, but my friend's SIL and cousin have 2 sets of reproductive organs. And, btw, I now love the word "uteri."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never even heard of that, but just wanted to say welcome and I hope things work out for you.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I work in a pediatric surgical center and one of the things that our surgeons (along with a gyn colleague) take care of is pediatric patients with vaginal septums, vaginal agenesis (underdeveloped vagina) and absent vagina.

I am not sure of the statistics, but we have had patients become pregnant and carry a baby to almost full term (I think the longest was 37 and 5/7 weeks)

I hope this helps.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for the welcoming committee everyone!  KLJDBride I took you advise and added my post to the Trouble TTC board! 

I love the word uteri too!

• Options
    Good!  I hear they are a nice and informative group.  I hope everything works out :-)
  • Options
    I have no advice, since I've never heard of that but good luck.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I also have no advice but wanted to say welcome and good luck!

• Options

I don't have any advice for you, but leslie (with some numbers after her name) had a septate uterus, and had it repaired.  She's now carrying twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"