Infertility

Pomegranite juice?

Ever heard of any success stories with this?

I know it is said to take 1-5dpo but how much each day?  

Anyone have any good articles on this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pomegranite juice?

• Well I have really no sources to link you to other then my Acupuncturist who has told me that it helps with blood flow, and blood flow to the uterus is a good thing. I actually just drink a glass a day throughout my cycle.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Great...thanks for the info!

A glass a day will be a little rough as I hate the stuff...YUCK...but I think I will dilute it with some water or Sprite!

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah it is not my favorite either. I make smoothies and other concoctions with it to make it taste better.

I got a bottle of Pom/blueberry juice the other day at Wholefoods that was pretty decent tasting too. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • A smoothie is a good idea! 

The pom/blueberry is probably a lot better than just pom juice alone...too bad I don't like blueberries. =(  It is one of the only fruits I don't like.

• Minute Maid makes a pomegranate tea that is actually pretty good. It is in the fridgerated section with the orange juice in my grocery store.
  • I'll have to check out the pomegranate tea!
  • I don't like blueberries either but I know they have other combinations like pom/cran, pom/grape, you get the point. I actually love pom juice so it's a bonus if it helps with fertility.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I was diagnosed with PCOS on the 18th of October and had a really thin endo, meaning that I hadn't ovulated.  I wanted to try to get a flow going naturally instead of taking the BCP my doctor prescribed to cleanse myself since I hadn't had a period in 3 months, so I started drinking pomegranate juice, at least two glasses a day.  One week later, I welcomed a nice healthy flow, all be it a little shorter and lighter than what I have been accustomed to in the past.

Women here often swear by it for PCOS.  I think it's because Asia has it more readily available.  I don't understand why women here can't stand it because I think it is the tastiest juice ever.  If you're drinking 100% pure pomegranate, of course it's going to taste a little nasty.  It's best incorporated with another drink or diluted by water because it is a very strong fruit.

Be sure to pick one that isn't too high in sugar, though.  The one I drink has no sugar whatsoever, and like I said, I love it and am so far happy with how it's helped me.  (It also helps your skin, for sure!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"