Kentucky Babies
Options

Hello!

Hi ladies, I'm new to this board.  I'm 20 wks pregnant with identical twin girls.  Our twins are a very rare type, monoamniotic.  Meaning they share the same sac, as opposed to traditionally having individual sacs.  Due to this, our babies are at an increased risk for umbilical cord entanglement and subsequent fetal death. 

Because of our high risk, I will be going into the hospital at 25 weeks and will be monitored daily.  The babies will be delivered at the first sign of trouble.  Hopefully they will make it to our full-term deadline of 32 weeks around June 25.

I'm curious to know if there are any other risk moms out there or anyone who has experienced a long-term hospital stay with advice to offer.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hello!

• Options

Hi.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  I hope you have happy, healthy, full-term twins.  I was not high risk or in the hospital for a long time, so I have no advice.  I just wanted to say that not a lot of people post on this board for some reason. I think I'd be even more addicted to the bump and facebook if I was stuck in the hospital for 7+ weeks!  Have you posted anything on the high-risk board?  They might be more helpful.

Which hospital are you going to be at?  I delivered at Baptist East and had a great experience.  Everyone was so nice. 

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I did post on high risk board also.  I will be delivering at Suburban.  We've taken a tour of the hospital and saw where we will be staying.  It wasn't bad- for a hospital lol.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"