July 2011 Moms

honeymoon baby

Hi folks... I just added my anniversary ticker. Can you tell we are having a honeymoon baby?

The hubby and I dated for 7 years before marriage. Needless to say we were ready - but it was still a surprise it happened so fast.

Here's the short version of the story - I forget my birth control pills on the honeymoon (mind you I've been on BC for 13 years). We get back from the moon and decide that I wouldn't go back on them... cleanse my system. My mom had troubles conceiving so I always figured I would. 4 weeks after the wedding we find out preggars! And everyone was still calling us newlyweds... (oh boy did we have a surprise for them)

When we found out, it went something like "Oh {bleep}"... But what can I say? We were blessed with one of the biggest, greatest surprises of our life.

Any other surprise babies out there?

Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker

Re: honeymoon baby

• Ours wasn't exactly a surprise, but we certainly didn't think it'd happen so quickly! We decided to ditch the bc and wing it when we got engaged (Aug '10.. I started charting fertility signs) and planned to actively try when we got married (Dec '10.. start temping as well as fertility signs).. I was 9 weeks pregnant the day we got married and we waited until 2 weeks after the wedding (Christmas :) ) to tell our families.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was def a surprise conception...our RE was even surprised, as about 10 days before the ovulation date, my E2 went from the 70s down to the 40s, and I didn't have any follies above 9. I stopped all meds, as the cycle was being cancelled.

Somehow, about a week and half after stopping the stims, I Oed on my own, and actually got PG having sex. For the longest time, I was more excited about getting PG by having sex (first ever conception that DH was in the room for) than actually being PG.

Needless to say, it was an interesting conversation with the RE when I went in for betas.

I had received a new pack of ICs in the mail and wanted to test them while not PG so I could see what sort of evep line they would have. Well, they all had 2 pink lines. I was livid, thinking that I was sent OPKs and not ICs. It took peeing on a few more brands before I was actually convinced I was PG. Good thing I didn't send the letter to the IC vendor stating that they screwed up my order Wink

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Loading the player...
  • Our baby was planned but we were just shocked since it happened our first month TTC!
  • We got a honeymoon baby, possibly a wedding night "first time ever not using protection"

We want a family so badly,we didnt want a single day to start trying we cant tell you how lucky we feel to get pregnant so quickly.  Lots of couples go thru so much and they deserve so much love and respect for their fight 

• I got married in November, so yes...he was a bit of a surprise!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • MCH77MCH77 member

OP:  Congrats and my LO was not a suprise. 

imagedamabo80:

It was def a surprise conception...our RE was even surprised, as about 10 days before the ovulation date, my E2 went from the 70s down to the 40s, and I didn't have any follies above 9. I stopped all meds, as the cycle was being cancelled.

Somehow, about a week and half after stopping the stims, I Oed on my own, and actually got PG having sex. For the longest time, I was more excited about getting PG by having sex (first ever conception that DH was in the room for) than actually being PG.

Needless to say, it was an interesting conversation with the RE when I went in for betas.

I had received a new pack of ICs in the mail and wanted to test them while not PG so I could see what sort of evep line they would have. Well, they all had 2 pink lines. I was livid, thinking that I was sent OPKs and not ICs. It took peeing on a few more brands before I was actually convinced I was PG. Good thing I didn't send the letter to the IC vendor stating that they screwed up my order Wink

I still get choked up everytime I hear this story.  So happy for you!!!

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• We decided to start trying as soon as we got married, thinking it would take several months to conceive.  But we got pregnant on our honeymoon, about a week after we got married!  My husband is quite proud of himself, lol.
  • Thanks so much for sharing - so exciting! Your story made me smile!

• Yay for wedding babies!  

Totally agree. Feel 100% blessed it happened so quickly as we have many loved ones around us that didn't/don't have it so easy. I love the story above about conceiving on their own... chills!

• imagemelissa.1985:
    Our baby was planned but we were just shocked since it happened our first month TTC!

this exactly :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well it wasnt exactly a surprise since we have lots of sex, but we werent actively trying to get pregnant.

Baby was made on Halloween. We were hammered (still took my pill) and somehow my egg & his sperm powered by Captain Morgan over rode our bc.

I want badly to sue the Captain for child support but I dont think Ill win.

When tracing back my ovulation date our nurse said "Did you drink on Halloween?" I said yes & she said "Well thats what did it!". We actually thought we got pregnant 2 weeks later after Jeff had been gone for the 1st time ever in our relationship, we thought maybe all the missing each other we had done was the cause, but I was already pregnant.

• imagemainemommy:

Baby was made on Halloween. We were hammered (still took my pill) and somehow my egg & his sperm powered by Captain Morgan over rode our bc.

I want badly to sue the Captain for child support but I dont think Ill win.

you are hilarious!  Ours was conceived on I believe my hubby's bday which was 10/28 after many many bottles of wine...

BabyFruit Ticker

• We got married the first weekend of October.  I had just gotten off of BC to get my body ovulating again, etc.  We decided we would just have at it and see what happened, thinking that it would take quite awhile to get pregnant. 

We had sex quite regularly and either conceived on the day before Halloween or on Halloween.  So not a honeymoon baby, but not far off from it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ours was a surprise.  Turned 21 October 16th, got the BFP November 9th.  

It was a good birthday week. >.> 

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • We definintely had a honeymoon baby. I took my last pill in my last pack on Sept 25. We got married 2 weeks later on Oct 9. Baby was conceived in Hawaii on our honeymoon and we found out 2 weeks after we got back from our honeymoon on Oct 28. I was in complete denial for a few days, my new H kept telling me to test b/c he just knew I was pg. Sure enough, he was right! We were both completely shocked and excited b/c we both expected it to take us a while considering previous health problems on both of our parts.

Our Honeymoon Baby!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO is a "planned surprise"... We started TTC 2 months before our wedding (11/2009).  In September 2010, we decided a year was enough trying (charting, temp, etc) and that we would take a little break from then until January 2011, so the holidays would not be stressful.  We ended up conceiving in October 2010, the first month we didnt actively TTC!  I remember driving in November and feeling sick and tired, thinking I had the flu.  I went home and took a pregnancy test thinking I would see that negative sign I had grown so used to.  I called DH right away with the positive results and was so happy!!!
  • We were married October 9th and found out we were pregnant November 18th, so yes, we had a honeymoon baby as well.  We were completely shocked as I have PCOS, have been together for 13 years and off BC since March 2009.  Very shocked, but very happy.  We had wanted to wait a year after being married but God had other plans for us I guess. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageklc31883:

imagemelissa.1985:
    Our baby was planned but we were just shocked since it happened our first month TTC!

this exactly :)

1st try for us too! We got married on 8/7/10 and conceived on 11/7/10- we will have a one week one baby for our one year anniversary!
  • Ours was conceived one day before my period was due. I apparently ovulated extremely late that month!
  • Our baby is a surprise! We got engaged in December of '09 but I wanted the wedding date 11/11/11 originally so we were going to have a l-o-n-g engagement. Then I got a surprise BFP in December '10 despite being on the pill. Needless to say we moved up our wedding date big time... I was 19 weeks pregnant on the actual day (my bump waited to "pop" til 20 weeks so many people didn't know).
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Our story is much like yours. DH and I had been friends for 4 years before we started dating.  Since we knew each other so well already, we didn't "officially" date for very long.  We are Mormon and did not have sex before we got married.  I had been on birth control for other health issues and had been told by various doctors that a baby probably wouldn't happen for me.  I stopped taking birth control when we got married because I knew we would have a long road of infertility issues ahead of us. WhaaaBAM. I got pregnant the first month off birth control. We were shocked to say the least, but so happy for our little miracle :)
  • we tried and tried and tried some more to get pregnant. no dice. then my period went mia. i had every blood test, exam, sonogram, etc in the book and they could not explain why my body was on strike. i was finally just sick of always having my knees to my ears with some stranger poking and prodding so we decided we would not try again till after we moved to another state. in the midst of leaving our entire lives behind to start anew, i figured we would seek more professional help when we were done moving. we didnt have sex at allllll! except once, on my husband's birthday. whaddya know?? he is too proud of himself for words, especially since it is a boy baby. 
    imageimage
  • We are having a honeymoon baby too! We also dated 7 years before getting married so we definitely had a lot of time together. After we got back my husband had been telling me for days to take a test because he just knew i was pregnant. and he was right! We are so surprised but very excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"