Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Bluebonnet photos

Where is everyone finding bluebonnets for their LO's photos this year? I hate having to do them on the side of the road but seems like that's the only option in DFW...

Re: Bluebonnet photos

• If you're in the Mid Cities area - check out fields on the north side of 114 in Grapevine, just passed the Ford dealership....before you get to Main St.

• There are some on I-30 in Grand Prairie where the hill slopes down to the side street. You can park in a school parking lot and walk across the street to the hill. It's covered in the best blanket of bluebonnets I've seen this year, whereas other areas just have small patches.

I-30, Exit Belt Line and go south, turn right on Tarrant, just past NW 7th street the hill is on the right and the parking lot is on the left

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just did ours this weekend at Zion Cemetery in Frisco/Little Elm.  It's just south of 380 off FM 423, they were gorgeous.

Also, JCP Headquarters off Legacy/Parkwood has a field of them.

• We went on a play date a couple of weeks ago to a park in coppell, and there were bluebonnets there.  We did not intend on taking pictures in blue bonnets, but since we were there we did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shanda- i love kira's pics...

There are ton's of bluebonnets in mesquite/ balch springs off of 635

• Not sure exactly where you're coming from, but there's an absolutely BEAUTIFUL field full of them down here in Waxahachie. My husband and I are getting some pictures taken there this weekend, actually. :) 

Here's a link to my friend's website who "found" the field. Her dog is sitting in them in some of the pictures closer to the bottom. :)

https://jessicabarlowphotography.weebly.com/

Let me know if you'd like directions! :)  

photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg

Thanks for all your suggestions! I'll remember these for next year. I found a nice patch off FM 3040 in Flower Mound (I'm in Highland Village), still had to park in a parking lot and walk alongside the road but it wasn't too busy at 7:30pm. Everyone enjoy this lovely spring weekend!

Susan~

• Forgive me, but I just moved to Texas last week from MN. What are bluebonnet photos? I see that they are flowers. Is this just something that people in Texas do? The fields are beautiful and i would love to jump on this bandwagon. My son is only 3.5 months right now and can't sit up on his own yet though!
  • imageRykersMommy:
    Forgive me, but I just moved to Texas last week from MN. What are bluebonnet photos? I see that they are flowers. Is this just something that people in Texas do? The fields are beautiful and i would love to jump on this bandwagon. My son is only 3.5 months right now and can't sit up on his own yet though!

Bluebonnets are the state flower and it is a TX thing, the fields get full of them and you take pics in them especially with the babies!

And where is that field in Waxahachie?!!! I need to take my boy!!!

• imageRykersMommy:
    Forgive me, but I just moved to Texas last week from MN. What are bluebonnet photos? I see that they are flowers. Is this just something that people in Texas do? The fields are beautiful and i would love to jump on this bandwagon. My son is only 3.5 months right now and can't sit up on his own yet though!

see sig. lol 

for your boy, itd be hard, but you could use a lot of things to put him IN, too :)

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• We found some just north of Firewheel off 78, right outside a golf course. Not a busy road at all.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am a bad mommy - I forgot all about this!

• imagevlewis515:

imageRykersMommy:

Bluebonnets are the state flower and it is a TX thing, the fields get full of them and you take pics in them especially with the babies!

And where is that field in Waxahachie?!!! I need to take my boy!!!

PM sent with directions, girl! :)  

photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"