Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Doppler Question

I've been told by several u/s techs that I have a "tilted uterus".  Do you think a doppler would work for me, especially early on?  I've been thinking about getting one, but I don't want to freak myself out either.

Re: Doppler Question

• Options
    I'm not really sure about how your uterus would affect it but if you do order it I wouldn't try it until you are 11 or 12 weeks along (or they pick it up in the office). It will save you some worrying.
  • Options
    I'm not sure either. I got my doppler around 10w, but I couldn't hear the hb until 12.5-13w.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't really help you... I have tilted uterus too and couldn't find the heartbeat 3 days ago.  I may try tonight though, but I have heard it can take longer with the uterus too.  I'll let you know when I hear it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I also have a tipped uterus. I found this on americanpregnancy.org:

Usually between the 10th -12th week of pregnancy, your uterus will no longer be tipped or "backwards." This should cause no difficulty for the pregnancy or for labor and birth.

And they say that you shouldn't try a home doppler til around 10 weeks, so you should be in pretty good shape by then! I'm debating buying one too, but I don't think DH is too keen on the idea...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"