Infertility

I found you! Anyone remember me?

Hey ladies,

It's been a long time since I've been around here, or rather, on the knot, then the nest and now the bump Tongue Tied!  As some of you might remember, I posted here a ton while I was going through IUI 1-5 and IVF 1-4.  Since the last IVF failure, DH and I moved to Seattle, started new jobs, and took a nice break from treatment.  We are gearing up to start *thinking* about our next steps. Given that our problem seems to be embryo quality (I make tons of eggs, he has great sperm, and no one knows why our 80+ eggs have resulted in fewer than 12 (crappy) embryos at day 3 - we will probably be exploring donor eggs or maybe donor embies.

Just wanted to say hi and dip my toes back in.  The thought of starting treatment again is scary, but the thought of not having a child is even more startling.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

(TTC#1 since 8/2005)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.

Re: I found you! Anyone remember me?

• Hi Elizabeth! I don't know if you'll remember me since I was a lurker for awhile before I "came out". But I've been wondering where you've been and am glad you're back! Well, I wish you didn't have to be here, but you know what I mean.

Please continue to keep us posted on your journey!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG Elizabeth!!!!!!! You have been missed!!!!!!!! You don't even know how many girls (including myself) have posted about how much we miss our "doctor epphd." :)

Anyway, it's good to see you back. Hopefully, our stays will be short lived and we can move forward (it has been a LONG wait so far).

Not sure if you remember me....by the time you left, I was on IUI's. I am now 4 IUI's, 1 IVF, 1 miscarriage and a 2nd IVF on the way deep into this battle....

• Loading the player...
  • Hi girl! Of course I remember you. I read your blog too, but it hasn't been updated in a while. Sounds like you and DH love Seattle.

Glad to see you around these parts, well, not because of the TTTC thing, but because you've been missed.

Cheers right back!

Jen

• Hi, Elizabeth! ?Welcome back. ?I hope you and your DH have comfortably settled into your new home/town. ?:)

• Well, hello stranger. And welcome back!
  • Hi!!  Glad to hear your move went well.  It's bittersweet to see you back... wish you and all of us could meet up on another board.  :)

Definitely keep stopping back and keeping us up to date.  We are doing our 2nd and possibly our final IVF.  If this fails, we too, will be looking into donor embies.  I'd love to share info if you decide to venture down that path.

Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween!

• I remember you from when I was lurking.  We are currently doing IVF with donor eggs.  There's a link at the bottom for my blog and if you have any questions please page me.  Welcome back, and I hope your stay this time is a short one!
  • Hi Elizabeth - I remember you and have been following your blog. It's great to have you back.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Not sure you will remember me as I was not as active while you were on, but welcome back!

It is nice to have you back here! ?You always added so much to the board!

?

• How is life on the West Coast? Do you absolutely LOVE Seattle?
  • Hi Elizabeth,  I was just thinking the other day how it has been since you posted.   Glad to hear you are enjoying Seattle.

Sam

• Me! Me! Me! You were sweet to answer many of my questions when I was going through IVF#1, and I always loved your siggy pic!

I really hope your comeback is short-lived, and you find success soon.

• Hi, I remember you. :)
  • Hey, Elizabeth!  Of course I remember you!  Welcome back, but, I'm sorry to have to see you back here!
  • Elizabeth! So glad to see you back. I have moved over to SAIF but it is great to se you back. I hope you join us soon!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • welcome back, E!!
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • YAY!!!  So glad you're back. Well, not glad you have to come back, but very glad to see you. 
  • I totally remember you!  I'm glad you're back, it's so nice to hear from you.  Good luck with your next steps of TTC and here's hoping to our sticky BFP's very soon!  ((( BIG HUGS )))

Marisa

TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • welcome back....  Big Smile

• HI Elizabeth -- welcome back!

If you need any assistance finding a new clinic here in the Seattle are please come visit us on the Seattle babies board.  There are a lot of us that have experienced (and/or are still experiencing IF) and we will welcome you with open arms!

It's good to see your name on the board again!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I blog stalk you Smile

Welcome back.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks all :)  So many familiar faces and names - it's very bittersweet.  Anyone know where Gretchen is?  I hope she's made it to SAIF.  I will be checking in more, so I hope to see great things for you all soon!

(and yes smilee - I ADORE Seattle!)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I remember! I always loved your siggy pic!  and your little saying underneath.. 

welcome back.. hope it's a short stay.  and hope you're enjoying your new home :)

• I love/hate that you are back.  I've missed your sarcasm, intelligence and support but I really wish you didn't need to be here. 

So, welcome back and I wishing you only good things.  We all missed you and are pulling for you and DH.

btw - been reading your blog, update please (if you did since this morning please disregard).

(HUG)

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • I think about you a lot!!!  I'm so glad to "see you" -- though I wish it was over on SAIF....

We miss your experience and perspective!  Welcome back, but I hope you don't stay long, for different reasons this time ; )

• Hey welcome back!!!  So glad you are loving seattle.

You've been missed!

• HI!! I remember you!!! Nice to see you again....sorry you have to be back with us though Sad
  • Sure- welcome and good luck and I hopeif donor eggs work that you get your miracle
  • Elizabeth! I still read your blog (though you don't post much! lol) but it's *good* (as good as it can be) to see you back!  Gretchen is 14w pg with twins!!!!!

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Welcome back. I am glad to hear you are all moved into Seattle and ready to start things up again! Sending you tons of luck for which every way you decide to move on!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Hi! I remember you! I have never been a huge poster, and much less lately because of my own recent failures. But I do still try to check in on everyone.

It is very good to see you back, and I wish you all the best as you take the next step!

I'm moving onto a crazy-making IUI#7 myself, as we explore new clinics for IVF.

After 7 failed IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI worked!!

I am thankful every day for my miracle after infertility.

And thrilled to be pregnant again after FET!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Hi! It is so good to see you here! Welcome back to the board.

• Yes!  People ask about you all the time.  Congrats on the move and glad to see you had a nice break.  Wishing you all the best!!!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • It's good to see you back here (well, not really but you know what I mean;-))
  • Of course I remember you.  It doesn't feel like you've been gone that long, but I'm glad you're back and ready to see what's next.  You probably don't remember me, but I'm still here, too. 

• Welcome back Elizabeth!  I definitely remember you.  Wishing you the best of luck in whatever you decide is the right path on your journey. 

Hope all is well in Seattle and that you enjoyed your long break from the hectic world of IF treatments.

Good to see you again!
    Melissa

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I remember you from when I was still lurking - welcome back!
  • Hi Elizabeth! I remember you Smile
  • I rememeber you and I'm glad you are back. You have helped me on more then on occasion with questions that I've had over the years. I wish you luck in your next step. It's good to have you back!
  • I totally remember you and have followed your story via your blog! I am so glad to "hear" from you and happy that you are back in the saddle. Welcome back!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"