Northern California Babies

**MyAlisonLife** re: lafayette daycare

hey missy! 

I figured that I would just write a new post to you...

My mom actually watched Cameron while I was working.  Talk about a good situation, huh?   Well, now I'm on sabbatical and my mom will drive over and watch Cameron on the days when I have to do a few things...run errands, etc.

When I go back to work, Cameron will most likely go to Diablo Valley Montessori in Lafayette...We have a couple of friends whose children go there so there will be kidlets that he's used to being around as well.    Also, because my mom will have a new little Muffinhead to take care of...at her age (80), I didn't want to saddle her down with a toddler AND a newborn.  My mom is pretty active and spry but she's not SuperGrandma  :)

I did a LOT of research on DVMS...(www.dvms.org) and it's perfect for the way that we want to raise C....   and we love the fact that the ratio from teacher/kid 1:3....so there will always be an eye on my kid, who i'm SURE will be naughty....  haha. 

And for those who are interested, they take children as young as 3m...rates for a 18m is $1350, which is pretty standard around our area...

Anymore questions?  Feel free to email me!

:)

Re: **MyAlisonLife** re: lafayette daycare

• You're always soooo thorough Ari!!  Thank you!!!  I was posting out of intrigue for PinkPrincess... but also for myself.  I'm worried about making a 6 p.m. pick up time at DCs in Concord (that's when most of them close)... and was thinking if I parked in LF and found a day car there... I could EASILY make it by 6.  But... I think the $$ in LF might be a little higher than C-town.  We'll see though... Thanks for your thoughts and the recommendation.  I much appreciate it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • *butting in*

Just wanted to say that DVM in Lafayette is an amazing school/daycare. I have always said you can tell a lot about a daycare by their teachers and how they treat them (research backs me up on this). DVM has low teacher turnover, staff is well educated in child development, higher education is incouraged and valued for the staff too. I had friends who worked there and always had positive things to say, well almost always because no one loves work all the time. Hope it was okay that I butted in, butting out now.

• Loading the player...
  • :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"