Babies: 6 - 9 Months

have you let your baby taste a lemon/lime yet?

To see his reaction?  I think it's pretty much a rite of passage. We gave my niece a lemon around this age and she liked it, so who knows how he will react.

Re: have you let your baby taste a lemon/lime yet?

• She has had lime and loved up. I had to pry it out of her hands.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DH does it all the time.

::eyeroll:: 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Loading the player...
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    We've given her a lemon several times. Just like her mama, she LOVES them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, my weirdo kid likes them!
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• have not tried lemon or lime yet, but have tried a pickle and pickle juice. DD loves it and DS just makes this wicked sour face that could make the grouch laugh. i should try lemon though. my mom gave my niece one around this age, maybe a little older and she cried, but not from the sour lemon, but because my mom took it away. she sat at the table with it for an hour just sucking making faces and sucking some more.
  • I thought no citrus until after the 1st year - is that not true?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • J+MSJ+MS member
    Aren't you supposed to hold off on citrus until 9 months??!!
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageJ+MS:

Alright - we posted at the same time.

• imageaabreu32:

imageJ+MS:

Yea, I was in this boat.  I thought it was 10 months?  DH wanted to give him lemon last weekend and I told him no.   

• imageaabreu32:
    I thought no citrus until after the 1st year - is that not true?

For some babies citrus can cause a diaper rash. But just like everything else it is a guideline. The only thing my pedi banned is shellfish, honey , and peanut products.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image2mommiesinoh:

imageaabreu32:
    I thought no citrus until after the 1st year - is that not true?

For some babies citrus can cause a diaper rash. But jsut like everything else it is a guideling. The only thing my pedi banned is shellfish, honey , and peanut products.

If this is true then I will definitely hold off!  Just about every other food makes DD's butt red - apples especially.

• Yeah, I have no interest in trying it.
  • J+MSJ+MS member
    imageKara5109:
    Yeah, I have no interest in trying it.
    Yea, I have no interest in irritating my daughters intestinal lining either. It's a guideline for a reason.
  • imageJ+MS:
    imageKara5109:
    Yea, I have no interest in irritating my daughters intestinal lining either. It's a guideline for a reason.

Totall off topic, but GAH!  The new siggy.  SO CUTE.

• imageJ+MS:
    imageKara5109:
    May I say that I love your new siggy?
  • imageAMossy:
    imageaabreu32:

imageJ+MS:

Yea, I was in this boat.  I thought it was 10 months?  DH wanted to give him lemon last weekend and I told him no.   

The only food "banned" is honey.  Babies can have anything an adult can have within the limitations of not really having teeth.

Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• J+MSJ+MS member
    Thank you kara and sillypit! She is my ham.
  • imageDreamsicle23:
    imageAMossy:
    imageaabreu32:

imageJ+MS:

The only food "banned" is honey.  Babies can have anything an adult can have within the limitations of not really having teeth.

Whaaa?
  • imageDreamsicle23:
    imageAMossy:
    imageaabreu32:

imageJ+MS:

Whaaa?
  • J+MSJ+MS member
    imageKara5109:
    imageDreamsicle23:
    imageAMossy:
    imageaabreu32:

imageJ+MS:

Whaaa?
    In a way, she is right. But they tell you to build up to food like citrus for digestive reasons and eggs/peanut butter for allergy reasons. So following the guidelines is just being smart.
  • I think a "taste" of a lemon is fine. I don't think you'd want to squeeze the juice on anything just yet. That would probably cause stomach problems.

We've given Hunter a lick before, and he didn't make a facial expression of any kind. It was like he had just licked ice. It didn't faze him one bit.

• We gave her a lemon for the first time 2 days ago, and she loved it!  Takes after me!

She also tried honeydew melon and cantaloupe and seemed to have liked those as well.  We had her try a lime about a month or so ago and she made the sour face but ended up wanting to eat it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"