Infertility
Options

Inappropriate Joke at Work

OK, the IT guy just came into my office and told a joke to a couple of us that struck a nerve.

Q: Why couldn?t the witch have babies?

A: Because her husband had a hollow weenie.

It?s no big deal but I?m just not in the mood today.

Edit: I apologize for my original post title, knee jerk reaction on my part. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Inappropriate Joke at Work

• Options

ha! what a dumb joke.

sometimes people are stupid (like about 95% of the time) and don't realize or take in to consideration of what they say not knowing if anyone would take offense to it.

Maybe I'm sensitive but I don't think any joke like that is amusing.  

Knowing my smart ass and if I was moody (and knew him) my response would be something like "I don't think your woman would appreciate you making a joke about your situation"

thats just me Devil 

• Options
    that would royally p!ss me off!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It makes me laugh that you would write about an inappropriate joke with the title "OMFG" in it.  Do you not think the "F'n God" is inappropriate to Christians who may be on this board??

You expect the world to be so understanding of your IF issues that they shouldn't make a simple, stupid joke but it's OK to use "OMFG" KNOWING there definitely has to be people who believe in and respect God.

Think before you post.

• Options
    I agree w/ Nikki..... I do find it offensive to use OMFG.  It's completely unneccessary and I believe it's totally offensive to anyone who believes in God.  I'm less offended by an innocent IF joke.  Most people should know not to offend someones believe be it God, Buddha, Mohommad, whoever.  F'n anyone just isn't right.
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know - I'm a christian and i wasn't offended by the omfg. It's definitely slipped out of my mouth on more than one occasion :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"