Babies: 6 - 9 Months

UO Thursday!

Re: UO Thursday!

• imageDreamsicle23:
    On a somewhat related note, I think Easter baskets for infants are really dumb.

Thank you. We have to do one for DS because DD knows about the Easter bunny. He's getting some bibs and spoons. Sorry kid you won't remember this and we don't need more shiit laying around the house.

FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJBrianne:

Past 6 months old I think posting the 'adjusted age' of your preemie is bullshit. When your kid is a year are you really going to say 'adjusted age: 10 months 3 days"?

Bullshit.

Most preemies are not considered 'caught up' to full term babies until one year. Some micro preemies it can be even longer. Preemies have a lot of issues that full term babies NEVER have to think about. My son was born at 35 weeks. I do not use his adjusted age because he was so close to full term. However, there are a number of things that he is behind on and a number of issues that late term preemies face.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imaget watley:
    If giantsgirl and I ever appeared on the same side of the fence in a parental debate, I would probably rethink my stance.

This made me giggle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • J+MSJ+MS member

imageJBrianne:
    Haha no I just like to swear and I'm trying to cut down around LO... so now it comes out in other ways. It bugs me no more than any other UO bugs its holder, I imagine.
    Well Ha Ha to that. HA HA.

Idiot, you just pissed off every mom that has a preemie. 

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageKandyKayne:
    imageChrissieW3:

imageKandyKayne:
    I think that the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is used too much.

On a semi-related note, I loathe the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

Someone needs to refine this. What the hell is the point of having cake if you can't eat it?

And on an un-related note.  Your DD is so stinkin cute I can't stand it. 

Aww thanks. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJ+MS:

imageJBrianne:
    Haha no I just like to swear and I'm trying to cut down around LO... so now it comes out in other ways. It bugs me no more than any other UO bugs its holder, I imagine.
    Well Ha Ha to that. HA HA.

Idiot, you just pissed off every mom that has a preemie. 

I'm not really pissed. You could say annoyed. Now I just think she is an idiot.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageJBrianne:

Hahah. You are hilarious. Are you one of those people who think that when a baby is born prematurely all they have to do is grow? Get a fvcking clue.

• Meh, It's a UO. I've known people who have had preemies (to be fair, not micro preemies) and at a certain point they stop looking at where their 'adjusted' age is because they're in the middle of the two ages, developmentally speaking, and all were caught up by a year.

When does it stop?

Lookin' Down
  • imageShana419:
    imageMamaLBF:

imaget watley:
    Oh, and I thought Luke was precious in his bunny suit. We actually busted Spencer's out last night and he was just as cute in his. I question the sense of humor of anyone who can't get on board with an adorable baby rocking a bunny suit. Yes, they are ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.

Why thank you! I cant wait to see Spencer in his! I was thinking lighten up lady. Its just a bunny suit :]

i don't see why she needs to "lighten up".  she simply stated her opinion, which is the whole point of this post.  no need to take it so personally!

I guess my UO is if a person can't enjoy a bunny suit they need to lightedn up. If you posted a picture of your LO in somthing and were the only one who did it the day before you wouldnt really enjoy the comment.

Why not just say, "I think MamaLBF's bunny suit was stupid." I feel like the poster was just talking about me right in front of my face. But I really could care less. I enjoyed it and thats all that matteres.

• Also, meant to quote whoever said I'm awfully passionate about it with that other response. I'm not.
    Lookin' Down
  • imageSookieFrackhouse68:

imaget watley:
    If you don't at the very least wipe down a grocery cart before putting your child in it you are an ignorant and not to mention negligent fool. People purchase raw meats from grocery stores. They fondle said meats and then touch the handles on that grocery cart without ever having wiped their hands.

The risk of e-coli and salmonella alone are enough reason to use a cart cover and/or wipe down a cart. 

I read something that said about 90% of shopping carts have traces of fecal matter on them. FECAL MATTER. I ALWAYS use the wipes they put next to the carts. Gross.

Late to the party...

The couple of months I spent working at WalMart made me realize that cart covers are necessary.   I've seen people:

1.  Sneeze SNOT into their hands, then they wipe it on the cart and the handles.

2.  Place foul smelling, dripping chittlens in the cart's seat.

3.  Dig up their butt to get a deep itch and touch the cart.

4.  Shiit in the goddamned bathroom sink, so there's no way in hell they could have washed their hands afterwards.

5.  Little kids pee their pants while sitting in a cart.

6.  Wipe boogers onto the plastic seat of the cart.

...and that's just the things I could think of on the top of my head.

Cart covers?  Completely necessary. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• imageJBrianne:

Meh, It's a UO. I've known people who have had preemies (to be fair, not micro preemies) and at a certain point they stop looking at where their 'adjusted' age is because they're in the middle of the two ages, developmentally speaking, and all were caught up by a year.

When does it stop?

Their age is adjusted until they are two and even then some are not "caught up" yet.

• imageKara5109:
    image2mommiesinoh:
    I think cart covers are ridiculous. Just strap your kid into the grocery cart already.
    I think it is safe to say this is a good UO. These is no way I'm letting my LO nom on a nasty shopping cart.

Agreed!  No way!  Do you know how many people potty, don't wash & then put their nasty poo poo hands on that buggy??

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imageMrsLacy:
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:

imaget watley:
    If you don't at the very least wipe down a grocery cart before putting your child in it you are an ignorant and not to mention negligent fool. People purchase raw meats from grocery stores. They fondle said meats and then touch the handles on that grocery cart without ever having wiped their hands.

The risk of e-coli and salmonella alone are enough reason to use a cart cover and/or wipe down a cart. 

I read something that said about 90% of shopping carts have traces of fecal matter on them. FECAL MATTER. I ALWAYS use the wipes they put next to the carts. Gross.

Late to the party...

The couple of months I spent working at WalMart made me realize that cart covers are necessary.   I've seen people:

1.  Sneeze SNOT into their hands, then they wipe it on the cart and the handles.

4.  Shiit in the goddamned bathroom sink, so there's no way in hell they could have washed their hands afterwards.

Ick! 

• A little late to the party... I live in california and our budget is terrible. I think a huge solution would be for the teachers union to agree to a pay freeze and pay for part of thei insurance coverage. Working in the private sector, I have had a pay freeze for over a year and my DH took a 20% pay cut, but we did it so we would still have jobs. I guess it just frustrates me that the teachers are encouraging their students to walk out of class or wear all black to protest when these kids are in junior high and are only listening to what their teachers are saying, they are unaware of the other side of the issue. For clarification, I think teachers have an extremely difficult job, but I think I do too, I think that maybe the heads of the union are being selfish.
  • I have a cart cover that I have not used yet but thanks to MrsLacy I'll be pulling that out next time we go to the grocery store. That list was disgusting. I think I'll go dip my child in some sanitizer now...
    Lookin' Down
  • Chrissie your DD is such a cutie!
  • This thread is forcing me to eat cake.

Damn this thread.

• imageMamaLBF:
    Chrissie your DD is such a cutie!

Thank you!

• imageChrissieW3:

imaget watley:

HAHAHA.

Fondle ... meats ...

I love that there was a bump fart to make this post twice, I'm totally giggling at my desk, we're 12.

• imageShana419:
    imageMamaLBF:
    imageShana419:
    imageMamaLBF:

imaget watley:
    Oh, and I thought Luke was precious in his bunny suit. We actually busted Spencer's out last night and he was just as cute in his. I question the sense of humor of anyone who can't get on board with an adorable baby rocking a bunny suit. Yes, they are ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.

Why thank you! I cant wait to see Spencer in his! I was thinking lighten up lady. Its just a bunny suit :]

i don't see why she needs to "lighten up".  she simply stated her opinion, which is the whole point of this post.  no need to take it so personally!

I guess my UO is if a person can't enjoy a bunny suit they need to lighted up. If you posted a picture of your LO in somthing and were the only one who did it the day before you wouldnt really enjoy the comment.

Why not just say, "I think MamaLBF's bunny suit was stupid." I feel like the poster was just talking about me right in front of my face. But I really could care less. I enjoyed it and thats all that mattered.

i understand, but no one is calling YOU stupid or ridiculous.  just because someone wouldn't dress their kid in a bunny suit doesn't mean they need to lighten up.  it just may not be their thing, kwim?  it's not a personal attack against you.

I get that :] Its her opinion and thats fine. Thats why it's an UO thread. Everyone has one.

• imageChrissieW3:
    imageMrsLacy:
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:

imaget watley:

Late to the party...

Ick! 

Oh my that is special. We don't have cart covers but the twins will likely not sit in a cart anyway. Easier to have them both sit in the stroller or leave at home with the husband.

• imagesillypit:
    imageChrissieW3:

imaget watley:

HAHAHA.

Fondle ... meats ...

I love that there was a bump fart to make this post twice, I'm totally giggling at my desk, we're 12.

HAHA yeah, I saw it, but left it. I felt it was appropriate considering the comment.

• imageJKat876:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imagepazrana:

image2mommiesinoh:
    I think cart covers are ridiculous. Just strap your kid into the grocery cart already.

Ewww. 

I love my cart cover. It's easier than wiping the disgusting grocery cart down. And I just throw it in the wash once a week.

My UO: I think country music is awful. There might be 5 songs total I can tolerate and the rest make me want to poke my eyes out.

I love country boys and I'm a little bit redneck (at least compared to some of you classy women) and I love me some good country music!

Me too, but we knew this already...I guess I'm just popping in super late to this UO to say ILY!

I hate that someone ALWAYS starts UOs at like 5AM pacific.

• imaget watley:
    If giantsgirl and I ever appeared on the same side of the fence in a parental debate, I would probably rethink my stance.
    I was just thinking this exact same thing!!
     Lilypie - (gu1R)

• imagesillypit:
    imageJKat876:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imagepazrana:

image2mommiesinoh:

Ewww. 

I love my cart cover. It's easier than wiping the disgusting grocery cart down. And I just throw it in the wash once a week.

My UO: I think country music is awful. There might be 5 songs total I can tolerate and the rest make me want to poke my eyes out.

I love country boys and I'm a little bit redneck (at least compared to some of you classy women) and I love me some good country music!

Me too, but we knew this already...I guess I'm just popping in super late to this UO to say ILY!

I hate that someone ALWAYS starts UOs at like 5AM pacific.

Yeah, but you know there will be at least two more f/u posts by the end of the day. :)

• imageAlysonni:
    A little late to the party... I live in california and our budget is terrible. I think a huge solution would be for the teachers union to agree to a pay freeze and pay for part of thei insurance coverage. Working in the private sector, I have had a pay freeze for over a year and my DH took a 20% pay cut, but we did it so we would still have jobs. I guess it just frustrates me that the teachers are encouraging their students to walk out of class or wear all black to protest when these kids are in junior high and are only listening to what their teachers are saying, they are unaware of the other side of the issue. For clarification, I think teachers have an extremely difficult job, but I think I do too, I think that maybe the heads of the union are being selfish.

Yes 

• imageKate621:
    imageJBrianne:

Past 6 months old I think posting the 'adjusted age' of your preemie is bullshit. When your kid is a year are you really going to say 'adjusted age: 10 months 3 days"?

Bullshit.

Clearly you don't have a preemie. You my dear, are bullshit.

It's not bullsh!t at all! I have 12 year old twins that were born 10 weeks premature. It took them longer than 6 months to catch up!
     Lilypie - (gu1R)

• imageLibby1978:
    imaget watley:
    I was just thinking this exact same thing!!

My LO has never and probably will probably never sit in a cart...

I think bunny suits, especially for boys are silly....

and I love Country Music

BUT, I do know some preemies, that go by *adjusted age* to monitor their milestones, my friends twins were born at 6 months, they are now almost 3. So we do agree on something.

• imagesillypit:

imageAlysonni:
    A little late to the party... I live in california and our budget is terrible. I think a huge solution would be for the teachers union to agree to a pay freeze and pay for part of thei insurance coverage. Working in the private sector, I have had a pay freeze for over a year and my DH took a 20% pay cut, but we did it so we would still have jobs. I guess it just frustrates me that the teachers are encouraging their students to walk out of class or wear all black to protest when these kids are in junior high and are only listening to what their teachers are saying, they are unaware of the other side of the issue. For clarification, I think teachers have an extremely difficult job, but I think I do too, I think that maybe the heads of the union are being selfish.

Yes 

double Yes
  • imageKate621:
    imageJBrianne:

Meh, It's a UO. I've known people who have had preemies (to be fair, not micro preemies) and at a certain point they stop looking at where their 'adjusted' age is because they're in the middle of the two ages, developmentally speaking, and all were caught up by a year.

When does it stop?

Their age is adjusted until they are two and even then some are not "caught up" yet.

Did not know they don't stop adjusting till 2. That hasn't been the experience of the people I know.

Well crap I guess I have to get a new UO. And I think the bunny suits are cute.

Lookin' Down
  • imageShana419:
    imageMamaLBF:
    imageShana419:
    imageMamaLBF:

imaget watley:

Ridiculously awesome.

I guess my UO is if a person can't enjoy a bunny suit they need to lighted up. If you posted a picture of your LO in somthing and were the only one who did it the day before you wouldnt really enjoy the comment.

Why not just say, "I think MamaLBF's bunny suit was stupid." I feel like the poster was just talking about me right in front of my face. But I really could care less. I enjoyed it and thats all that mattered.

i understand, but no one is calling YOU stupid or ridiculousjust because someone wouldn't dress their kid in a bunny suit doesn't mean they need to lighten up.  it just may not be their thing, kwim?  it's not a personal attack against you.

Who needs to lighten up, Mama? Obviously by the responses you got yesterday, there are plenty of people who love the suits and have them for their own LO, so simmah dahn nah!

Wut? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJBrianne:

Bullshit.

I just woke up from a short nap, and read this.. Indifferent  Really?!?!

I think the age is "adjusted" until they baby "catches up" with what full term babies are doing.  Which takes more than 6 months in a lot of cases. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Here's my UO.  I think people living 100% on government assistance (meaning they don't even try to work) and are able bodied and healthy enough to work should not be allowed to keep popping babies out for taxpayers to support.
     Lilypie - (gu1R)

• imageMcKenna04:
    imageJBrianne:

Bullshit.

I just woke up from a short nap, and read this.. Indifferent  Really?!?!

I think the age is "adjusted" until they baby "catches up" with what full term babies are doing.  Which takes more than 6 months in a lot of cases. 

Don't worry, I've already been schooled.

Lookin' Down
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"