Pittsburgh Babies

Doula!

Hey all-

I am thinking about having a doula to help with the birth...has anybody else used a doula, particularly in the Pittsburgh area?

If so, would you recommend someone?

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Re: Doula!

• I would say Amy Farr https://www.blessedarrivals.com/

Her husband worked with my husband and she is a wonderful person who is very dedicated. I think she posts on here sometimes as well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much!  i will check her out :-).  I have decided to wait until later in the pregancy to decide whether i want a doula.
    BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • Also check out www.pittsburghdoulanetwork.com.    They screen all doulas thoroughly and match you to the perfect fit.   They even have 24-hour/day doulas (thank god!) that you can hire for up to 8 weeks after birth.   We are doing a 24h/day for at least 2 weeks.  Will be so much help!
  • I recently gave birth in Novemer and used Blessed Arrivals - Amy Farr and her sister Brenda.  Brenda was at my birth and was AWESOME - I also met Amy and woyuld highly recommend her as well. 

Having a doula at the birth was the best decision I ever made.

• Hello. Since this is my second pregnancy,I have hired Amy from BlessedArrivals as well.  I will be meeting her and her sister next week. Amy is a very cool person and we have so much in common. Plus I love the fact that she don't care if my 2 1/2 is in the background screaming or talking or if I have to tend to her for a moment.

Mom to a 3 year old and hoping she has a little sister BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"