rwright5 ? Mason Lee ? 06.03.10
supercoolnat ? Zachary ? 06.07.10
parrotgirl ? Mason ? 06.15.10
expatjen ? Kannan Aukai ? 07.05.10
lelekay ? Henry Benjamin ? 07.22.10
MrsIH ? Jacob Kenji Makai ? 08.28.10 
Vanilla15 ? Adair ? 09.10  
ECUPirate04 ? Lauren Hope ? 09.29.10 
mrsnickandnora Blake William ? 10.07.10(?)
MrsNicole&Brian808 ? Hank Mason ? 10.20.10
eacerna ? Eleiana Makenzie ? 11.03.10
SanHawaii08 ? Eric ? 11.09.10
annasan_k Zo? ? 12.17.10Oceangirl22 ? Kenley Vi ? 01.05.11
kinibruin ? D ? 
MrsZiz ? G ? 03.11
MauiBride2008 ? R ? 04.11
HAWAII NESTIE DUE DATES 
July 2010 
07.22.10 ? Boy ? RobynLeeApril 2011
04.27.11 Baby HappyGoLuckyGalAugust 2011
08.01.11 Boy stargirl76
08.11.11 Boy MiniWheats
08.22.11 ? Girl Hawaiian Honey-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Post updated due dates or gender reports here. 
(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? (6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? (7) What are your three favorite books for your LO?
(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?
cai(o)&cullen+ahk
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ???

• Options

(1) how old is your LO? almost 17 months

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  I'm feeling a bit better, but I'm also stressed about a lot of stuff at work and at home.  He's learned to rock in his rocking chair and he's pretty proficient at walking backwards, rather than stumbling lol

(3) Next appointment date?  18 month checkup

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? he's been really cranky and napping is a huge issue

(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? he loves swimming, standing outside or in the window and watching cars go by, loves running in open spaces outside, playing with cars, turning them upside down and just watching the wheels spin, lol

(6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? n/a

(7) What are your three favorite books for your LO?  He likes flip books and books that he can interact with.  His favorite bedtime books right now are the Goodnight (insert city here), and Goodnight Moon.  We have some flip books that talk about my family, my bedroom, my clothes and my senses - they are a series.  He still likes the curious george one with mirrors in it.

• Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  7 months today!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? LO can officially sit up by herself and I think she is crawling too!!  She had been scooting around a bit the last couple of weeks, but yesterday it really looked like crawling.  Indifferent

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  check up at then end of this month

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  sleep.  She has never been a great sleeper, but for the most part she was sleeping until 5am or so, but this week all of that has changed.  She was a little sick at the beginning of the week and now I don't know if she is teething or what, but it was like she was a newborn again.  She just wouldn't sleep.  Hopefully tonight will be much better.

(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? loves Sophie and M&D nesting blocks.  We are starting swim lessons Saturday...hopefully that is another fav!

(6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? I just got whatever Target had for actual nursing tanks and bras.  I always wear a shirt I can left up or something I can pull to the side.  I don't have any :real" nursing clothes.

(7) What are your three favorite books for your LO? Goodnight Moon is for sure a favorite...she get super excited everytime we pull it out.  She really loves any pop up book and Courdouroy (about the teddybear missing his button).

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

(1) how old is your LO? 8.5 months

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  It's been a really rough week for us.  Henry has an ear infection, and the antibiotics for it are causing a raging diaper rash.  Add teething to the mix, and you have one very unhappy little boy.  I've got a horrible toothache (getting a root canal next week, but it has to wait until then since these are the busiest two weeks of the school year for me).  And that makes an extra-unhappy mama.  Sad

(3) Next appointment date?  in two weeks

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? see #1

(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? He's still so excited about being able to crawl, so he's into everything, if that counts as an activity!  He's just staring to pull himself to standing, too, so he wants to stand all. the. time.  As far as toys goes, his favorite these days was a gift from my grandparents.  For whatever reason he loooooves this thing and the blocks that come with it!  We call her Christina Agillator.  Stick out tongue

(6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? I had 2 Bravado bras and one Bravado tank.  I likes them a lot, but only used them for a few months, and have nothing to compare them too.  They were comfy, though, and actually held up my DDs.

(7) What are your three favorite books for your LO?  He loves all of the books in the "That's Not My...." series.  Especially the Monkey and the Puppy.  I feel like he finally understands to touch the different textures.  He also loves "Yummy Yucky," (so do I, hilarious!), and of course, we read  "Goodnight Moon" every night before bed.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 7w (3w adjusted)

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? MH went back to work and MIL went back home so it's been just me on the night shift. luckily D is a pretty good baby, he'll wake up once during the night and then again at 6 or 7 am. BUT i'm not a morning person. so yeah. but another challenge is yesterday morning he had a projectile vomiting and his feeding yesterday/last night was all over the map. i had barely fed him, burped him, kept him upright for 20 minutes, changed his diaper, and put him down to sleep and it was time to feed him again.

also, D is now 10 pounds!!! he's almost doubled his birthweight!!! he's outgrown his preemie clothes! yay!!!!

i'm about to AW a separate post too =)

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

next week is D's 2 month birthday! i can hardly believe it. my dad and i will try to take him to BRU for kiddie kandid portraits. we did makeshift pics at the house for his 1mo bday 'cause his baby acne was bad. but now that and his cradle cap are clearing up. so we'll try next week again.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

the projectile vomiting/fussy eating/growth spurt whatever it is going on and trying to sleep. 

(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? D isn't a toddler yet. hahah BUT he loves his activity jungle gym.

(6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing?  i like the medela sleep nursing bra. i have yet to find a nursing bra that i like. i'll check out target in the next few days though!

(7) What are your three favorite books for your LO?

sadly, he's not into books yet. i've tried reading brown bear, but he ain't having it. hahah my nephew LOVED books when he was a newborn. i was hoping that would be the case too. but then again, D is only 3w adjusted, so i can't expect too much. =)

(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?
    D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? They'll be 1 year old in two weeks! Where has the time gone?
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? They're freestanding for 15-20 seconds at a time now, but still haven't started taking steps. Side note: does anyone have a good resource for average developmental timelines? I'm not concerned, just wondering in a general sort of way since I have no idea if things like their fine motor skills are roughly on target. Right now they like to put stuff (like wooden blocks) in plastic cups, can stack their Fisher Price plastic ring thingy, and can stack blocks and occasionally nest cups. Does that sound about right for this age? I have no clue...
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? Just their 12 month checkup. Which I STILL haven't made an appointment for...
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? TEETHING. Holy crapballs. And I thought it had been bad before now... They're getting molars, and when I say "getting molars" I mean like 3 at a time (each). They've always been a bit early to get teeth - they each have 11 or 12 now, I think - but all of these molars coming in is killing me. At least if they're getting them all in quickly, it'll be over faster, right?
    (5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? They're not quite toddlers yet, but they love playing with board books and blocks and any musical toys. They're also REALLY into exploring right now - around the house, around the yard (all supervised of course lol) and examining everything they find. (6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? I don't think I lasted long enough to contribute much to this lol!
    1 - Where Is The Green Sheep (omfg they love this).
    2 - The Very Hungry Caterpillar (also a top favorite).
    3 - For the third...hmm this is hard. I'm going to go with pretty much any touchy-feely books (they have this one that Married2MrWright sent and they adore it!). 
  • Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

14 months and 2 weeks

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

Feeling good...having big fun with Libby. She's SO full of words...new ones include yellow, opposite, stroller, elephant, zoo, diaper. Any word we say she tries to repeat and more often than not, can! It's SO amazing!

Being away on a work trip...only two days/one night, so not as bad as last month. But it's still hard...

(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? 

Books! She has to have two at a time, one to read, one to hold...she pairs like ones with each other...so cute!

Dolls/stuffed animals...make them dance, stroll them around, etc.

Blocks

Balls...rolling, tossing, sorting, etc.

Crayons...drawing...we go over shapes and colors as we draw with her

Walks to the playground...playing on the equipment...looking a nature...birds, squirrels, flowers, etc.

Singing Songs and doing hand games (like Pat-A-Cake, Little Teapot, etc.)...we have a few Kindermusik CDs that are good and 2 Fisher-Price Ones as well

(6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? 

LOVE my Elomi Smoothing Underwire Nursing Bra. I have 7 different Target nursing tanks and prefer the slide sling over the full sling ones. I wear my nursing bra and a nursing tank (or other easy access tank, like Old Navy ones) and top with a tee or sweater, etc. Then I pull the top layer up and the tank/bra down and pop her on quickly. We don't use a cover or blanket.

Waikiki Lullaby (Thanks Hawaiian Honey)

Mommy Loves/Daddy Cuddles

On The Night You Were Born

(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins? TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?  

• Options
    imagekinibruin:

sadly, he's not into books yet. i've tried reading brown bear, but he ain't having it. hahah my nephew LOVED books when he was a newborn. i was hoping that would be the case too. but then again, D is only 3w adjusted, so i can't expect too much. =)

Even at 7 weeks, I wouldn't expect too much!  I think DS was probably 2.5-3 months old before he could really see what was going on to read a book to him.

Great that he's gained so much weight!  Sounds like you're a great mama!

• Options
    imageredshoegirl:
    Side note: does anyone have a good resource for average developmental timelines? I'm not concerned, just wondering in a general sort of way since I have no idea if things like their fine motor skills are roughly on target. Right now they like to put stuff (like wooden blocks) in plastic cups, can stack their Fisher Price plastic ring thingy, and can stack blocks and occasionally nest cups. Does that sound about right for this age? I have no clue...

the emails I get from babycenter.com are helpful for this, I've found.  I think you can just go to the site too and get the same info.

• Options

10.75mo 

LO and I both have colds, so bummed about that. He took 4 unassisted steps last week, which was exciting. He's been free-standing for a while and even taking 1-2 unassisted steps but last week was the first time he did more. Of course, since then he's decided that crawling or cruising is much faster so it's still his preferred way to travel.  

1yr 

LO napping while unable to breathe through his nose.

(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? 

Playing (supervised) with the Roomba (he's obsessed with it--it's hands-down his favorite "toy" in the world), walking while holding onto our hands (preferred over crawling), playing (supervised) with the doorstopper (booooiiinnnngggggg!), and reading books. He loves his musical table too and his playmat but those still are not his absolute favorites.

(6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? 

I only wear nursing tanks or bras now. I get them all from Target for $15 a pop and I love them all, esp for the price. And then I wear cardigans or zip-up hoodies over that. Basically, I only wear things that open up easily from the front. I gave up using my old v-necks and just pulling down the front because it was stretching it out too much and I didn't want to ruin them.

(7) What are your three favorite books for your LO?

Goodnight Moon, On the Night You were Born, The Very Hungry Caterpillar

(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

she'll be 17 months old in 2 days! wow!

feeling better now that i'm getting over this cold.  went to the doctor last week and he said b/c my vaginal wall cyst got infected/ruptured... it's likely to just reoccur repeatedly in the future w/o surgery.  so i just have to decide when i want to do it, as there is no rush unless it gets infected again. and i can't actually get the surgery until it heals and fills back up again b/c otherwise it's too hard for him to remove.  hoping the surgery isn't $$$ and i'm also hoping i can just get an epidural instead of general anesthesia.  biggest risk/complication is it getting bigger and involving the urethra, in which case he'd have to do some urethral reconstruction...he said that isn't a big deal but would mean i'd have to have a catheter in for a week :(

Miss A is doing great.  still has a mild runny nose but also feeling much better.   she has started identifying letters and #s in her books :)

18 month shots

nothing really

(5) What are your toddlers favorite toys/activities? 

hands down favorite activity = reading books! she'd much rather read books than play w/toys

second favorite = music

(6) What is your favorite nursing bra? Tank? What kind of clothes did you wear for easy access while out nursing? 

i only have target nursing tanks - i wear them at home but don't wear them out b/c they have little support

the nursing bras i have are from target too - eve alexander is the brand name.  i really wanted to use the omamma bras b/c you don't have to use nursing pads w/them but they didn't come in my size

for going out i wore a lot of crossover type tops for easy access

i think my favorites are different from hers ;)  i'm going to list more than 3... but her favorites are the "very first" book collection from Eric Carle, Violet's House (lots of touch & feel), David Gets in Trouble, No, David!, I Spy I Love You, and Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"