November 2011 Moms

Thought of your FB Announcement yet?

Some good friends of ours just announced that they're pregnant, due a month before us, and it's got me thinking about FB announcements. Have you thought of how you're going to do it?

I thought of doing a riddle with different questions throughout the day, but that may get long. Something like: I can hear you, but I can't see you. You can feel me, but I can't touch you. I get a shower, but don't get wet. etc.

Then I saw this: DH, can we tell everyone I'm pregnant now?

And I also like: (Last Name) party of 3, your table will be ready on Nov. 22nd.

Any other fun ideas?

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thought of your FB Announcement yet?

• I already did it, because I'm impatient.

I just posted our ultrasound pic with the caption "Set another place at the Thanksgiving table, Baby _____ is due November 17!"

• I'm doing the 30 day photo challenge thing, and the day of my 12 week (well 12.5 weeks) appointment is the last day, which says to post a picture of yourself. Considering I have major bloat belly + a pre-existing gut, I look pregnant already...so my last picture will be of my belly!!!! 

We'll call it 'facebook subtle'

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to make it sound like we're divorcing or something.  Maybe along the lines of "After 5 years of marriage and 4 years of nothing but complications and hardship I can FINALLY change my name this November!  To mommy!"
  • Figured I would just post a pic of DS in his "Big Brother" shirt, and then after people notice, announce the due date.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • My sister doesn't have FB, but her husband does, so when they decided to tell, he just went the super discrete and changed his profile pic to the ultrasound.  People caught on!

I also know of someone else who said, "Mark your calendars for May 6, the (last name) become a family of 3." 

I still can't decide how we want to do it...I want something fun and witty! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll probably post something like "our Thanksgiving turkey is already in the oven"...and probably with an u/s pic.

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSpartyKim:
    I'll probably post something like "our Thanksgiving turkey is already in the oven"...and probably with an u/s pic.

Now that's cute! 

• I posted this picture, with the caption "Taryn has something to tell everyone..."

• imageMrsG.060708:

I posted this picture, with the caption "Taryn has something to tell everyone..."

Adorable! Love it!

• I don't have a facebook. I think I'm the only one without one.
  • imagevjimenez11:
    I don't have a facebook. I think I'm the only one without one.

Well, my grandma has one so yeah....you might be. ;-)

Seriously though, I have one high school friend who doesn't use it.  She is on Twitter though.  I think she just doesn't use FB because everyone else does and she's trying to be unique.  Makes it hard to remember her bday though....lol.

• imagemarista99:

I already did it, because I'm impatient.

I just posted our ultrasound pic with the caption "Set another place at the Thanksgiving table, Baby _____ is due November 17!"

I was going to do something very similar to this! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepeaches7906:
    imagemarista99:

you still can, I doubt we have friends in common...hehe
  • imagemarista99:
    imagepeaches7906:
    imagemarista99:

you still can, I doubt we have friends in common...hehe

I will! I'm just waiting until 2nd trimester! Good luck to you on your FB announcement! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was thinking:

Lauren and Kevin sitting in a tree K..I..S..S..I..N..G.  First come love, then comes marriage then comes......YEP!  November 16th!

Lauren BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lauren and Kevin sitting in a tree K..I..S..S..I..N..G.  First comes love, then comes marriage then comes......YEP!  November 16th!

Lauren BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSpartyKim:
    I'll probably post something like "our Thanksgiving turkey is already in the oven"...and probably with an u/s pic.

I adore this!! Super cute!  Might steal it! :) 

• J234J234 member

I was thinking to post a picture of a turkey (similar to a Beanie Baby type) in the oven, ala the bun in the oven pictures.  Then in my status I would write something like "J&C will have a little something extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!"  

Later I would post something like "Baby JC is due 11/11/11."   

• Personally, FB announcing is a pet peeve of mine. Anyone important in our lives that need to know we would tell in person / on the phone Yes
  • I met MH on match.com and I so desperately want to announce it this way although I'm a little hesitant. We're waiting until we're out of 1st tri so i still have some time to decide!

So, this guy I met on the Internet knocked me up! 

TTC #1 since 4/10 Clomid 2/11, tube check= BFP @18dpo (would not pee on anything earlier!) Due 11/14/11! BabyFruit Ticker</a
  • I haven't decided if I'm going to do a FB announcement or not. If I do, I just received a cute picture from a pro photographer of DH and I out riding together last week. DH has this really cute big grin on his face. I was thinking of posting it to my wall with the caption "There are 3 people in this picture" and let everyone figure it out. Of course, then I worry about the busy bodies I'm friends with who will probably have something to say about the fact that I'm pregnant and on a horse, so I might not put it up at all.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • We already did it, just put our ultrasound pic on my wall and tagged DH & I :)
  • Mine was an update on our new house, my car in the shop, and LOOK WHAT WE MADE! With a picture of the ultrasound included. 
    -Kimberly :)Blog Chart Baby Blog
    Furbabies Ribby, JJ, Bella, Hunter
    imageimage
    My little Minion!
  • imageBabytoV:

I was thinking:

Lauren and Kevin sitting in a tree K..I..S..S..I..N..G.  First come love, then comes marriage then comes......YEP!  November 16th!

I love this idea! Very cute!

Pregnancy Ticker

• My status was "I've got some 'splain' to dooooo" and posted a link to the YouTube video of when Lucy told Ricky they were having a baby.

I've had a different picture of Lucy as my FB profile pic for quite some time, (due to I don't like my picture being taken and I can relate to Lucy's domestic clutz-iness and wacky ideas), and I saw this YouTube idea somewhere else on the Bump.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"