Florida Babies
Options

Baby shower location ideas?

Hello Ladies!

I am planning a "Baby Sprinkle" for my sister. It is going to just be a small GTG since this is her 3rd child. I'm only inviting her closest friends and family, I have 18 on the invite list so far!

For one i'm on a tight budget! Maybe $700 max for everything is what I can afford. At first I was thinking of renting out a clubhouse ($75.00) then making all the food myself, and of course I'd have to also decorate the place. But, then I thought if it is only going to be MAX 18 people, then maybe I should look into restaurants.

Does anyone know of any Country Clubs or restaurants that have Sunday Brunch buffets?

Any other Suggestions are greatly appreaciated!!!

TIA :-)

Yolanda

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby shower location ideas?

• Options

That is a GIANT budget for a shower!  I just had a work shower for a girlfriend and someone took care of the cake, I brought chips, dips, punch, and games, and guest brought gifrts.  Most of the showers I have been to down here are finger foods, punch and cake...can't imagine it being that expensive!  Have you thought of having it at a park?  That way kiddos in attendance can have somewhere to play...

also an idea is to have a 'diaper party'...and invite the guys, too.  BBQ or picnic at the park, guys can watch the kids and enjoy our gorgeous weahter, and ladies can do the girlie stuff and prezzies.  Men never want to go to 'showers' but are down for a diaper party...

Good luck with your planning!

• Options

You should be able to throw a nice shower for $100-$200 if you DIY. Like PP said, $700 is a giant budget for a shower, especially if you are only expecting 18 people.

At my shower we had ham and turkey sandwiches (publix), chicken salad & cresants (Sams), a veggie tray (make yourself), fruit tray (make yourself), cupcakes (Sams are the BEST) and a few other small things but I can't remember. I had 12 people and we had food leftover.

Personally, I am not a fan of Jack and Jill showers. 

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Island Way Grill in Clearwater has a fabulous brunch buffet for $25e.  You can make reservations there.
  • Options

imageMissyOlivePants:
    Island Way Grill in Clearwater has a fabulous brunch buffet for $25e.  You can make reservations there.

I second IWG.  Or you could do Jackson's for their Sunday brunch. Depends on what  you and your guests will like. 

Brooke
    Married my best friend 05.27.06

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP!!! 2/6/11 Super Bowl Sunday!
    Expecting our first, a little boy, somewhere around 10/18/11!
    2/7/11 beta #1 212.73
    2/11/11 beta #2 1,633
    2/15/11 beta #3 7,308 progesterone 12.69
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"