Houston Babies

moms of 2: what did you buy?

so, i said this in the BOTB post yesterday but typing it out really got me thinking about it. it looks like i am going to need way more than i thought. i was so excited to just have to shop for new bedding and clothes, but i am thinking there are some necessities that i am going to have to budget for.

so, what everyday stuff did you end up buying for #2?

Re: moms of 2: what did you buy?

• I bought EVERYTHING girlie with Sarah so I ended up having to buy just about everything  Plus Sarah is still in her baby bed, but even if she wasn't I'm not sure I would have him in the PBK white sleigh bed.

I needed another baby monitor, diaper champ, bed/bedding, new pacifiers, blankets, burp clothes, bouncy chair, car seat, stroller, diaper bag....that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

• imageretsub:

I bought EVERYTHING girlie with Sarah so I ended up having to buy just about everything  Plus Sarah is still in her baby bed, but even if she wasn't I'm not sure I would have him in the PBK white sleigh bed.

I needed another baby monitor, diaper champ, bed/bedding, new pacifiers, blankets, burp clothes, bouncy chair, car seat, stroller, diaper bag....that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Wow.  I'm not a mom of two yet but we honestly hadn't planned on buying much of anything.  I saved everything from Orion and because we didnt' know boy/girl we kept everything gender neutral.  We are buying Orion a toddler bed sometime in the spring so we can reuse the crib and I'll probably buy another set of bedding but other than a few small things I can't think of anything we'll need. 

• Loading the player...
  • A few more bottles

New pacifiers

Pink Boppy cover

Pink hooded towels

Pink washcloths

Girl sleepers and onsies

Baby wash

Mylicon

Infant Tylenol

Another monitor

Girl receiving blankets

New sleep positioner

New bathtub

Girl bibs

New bottle brush

Baby hangers

Girl activity mat

Bumbo play tray

New bedding for girl

New changing table covers (pink and ecru)

New crib sheets for girl

• We are another ultra-girlie baby gear family.  So far, we intend to buy:

-- Toddler bed and mattress for Avery

-- New bedding/decor for Deux

-- Car seat if Deux is a boy

-- Double stroller

-- clothes,  blankets, burp cloths, bibs if Deux is a boy

Luckily, we have some gender neutral stuff - bouncy seats, exersaucer, bumbo, so we don't have to buy that again.  We don't use a monitor with Avery any more since we can hear her if she cries, so we'll use the monitor with Deux.  We also just take poopy diapers straight to the garbage outside, so we don't use a diaper genie.

If we have a girl, we are pretty set for now.  We'll eventually need another high chair or we'll just get a booster for Avery.

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • imagesavannah11:
    imageretsub:

I bought EVERYTHING girlie with Sarah so I ended up having to buy just about everything  Plus Sarah is still in her baby bed, but even if she wasn't I'm not sure I would have him in the PBK white sleigh bed.

Wow.  I'm not a mom of two yet but we honestly hadn't planned on buying much of anything.  I saved everything from Orion and because we didnt' know boy/girl we kept everything gender neutral.  We are buying Orion a toddler bed sometime in the spring so we can reuse the crib and I'll probably buy another set of bedding but other than a few small things I can't think of anything we'll need. 

We didn't buy much of anything either.  We bought a crib, because Sam was still in his (but it was really inexpensive--like $99).  We reused Sam's bedding, because it was gender neutral.  We used Sam's room for changing diapers for both of them, so no new diaper changer or diaper champ needed.

Really, other than clothes, we just bought more bottles, burp cloths, bibs, etc.  We also had to buy new onesies and infant clothing because we donated all of Sam's stuff to Katrina evacuees.

• So far not much just:

BPA free bottles

pacis

bottle brush

a few clothes

More swaddle me blankets

Double jogging stroller

second car seat base

If we had a girl we would have bough new bedding.  DH cheaped out on me and said no to new bedding because he was a boy.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are not planning on much.  We already have all of the little baby gear in gender neutral colors, so we are good to go with that.  We will still get the basics, that others have listed like pacifiers, bottle brush, etc.   
  • Um, only a video monitor with 2 cameras.  Everything else we're reusing.

OH, and some bottles when I was on The Great Bottle-That-Julia-Will-Take Hunt. 

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • We bought a new crib for Morgan and new bedding. I also bought her a new outfit to come home from the hospital in. As far as basics--onesies, socks, baby mylicon, baby tylenol, new brush, new bathtub, new towels, sheets, a double stroller and a double jogging stroller,  some new blankets, bottles, pacifiers, diapers, hangers, baby shampoo and baby wash.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"