Oregon Babies
Options

Making friends to share the same experiences with.

I'm 22 from Southern oregon. I am about 14 weeks pregnant and would love to make some friends who I can go baby shopping with, or go to lunch and be able to talk about what we are going through, stuff like that.  The only person I know right now who is also pregnant is my sister, wich is exciting but we dont have much time to spend together, we can barely even catch each other on the phone. The rest of my friends have never had kids and dont really relate to me. was just an idea, would be nice to have friends.

Re: Making friends to share the same experiences with.

• Options
    I'm not in southern oregon but I wanted to wish you good luck and a H&H pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I met a few people at the prenatal birth class we took through our hospital, and then after my baby was born we went to the "mommy and me" group that the hospital facilitated and saw some of the same people there. We still see one family from the prenatal group. I know it is a little early for you do a prenatal class, but it is something to look into not too long from now. I also did a prenatal yoga class and connected with a few of the ladies in there. Just a few other ideas for you, since I think most of the people on this board are in the Portland Metro area.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Personal Photo Blog

First tourist of the Season:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I just moved from Seattle to the Portland area 6 months ago. I'm 26 and this is my first pregnancy. I'm also the first person in my group of close friends who's having a child, and it feels weird to be calling my mom every few days with new questions. Yesterday we had a whole conversation about baby registries and whether I should include cloth diapers on the list... bizarre.

We're so excited for this new life to start - but scared, too. Sometimes thinking about all the details - should we buy a car? Do we go with cloth diapers or disposables? What kind of discipline will we use? How soon should we start reading books and playing music to my bump? When should I let my boss know about my pregnancy, and how soon should I request maternity leave? It can be overwhelming.

I guess my point is, you're not alone. I'm going through all of this, too... and it's strange and scary sometimes, but also totally wonderful! Hope this helps. :-)

image BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"