Oregon Babies

Cute Maternity Clothes?

Hello ladies!

Thanks for sharing your information with others who are a little less informed.  Like me...this is my first post!  I am ten weeks along with my first pregnancy, and my jeans are starting to get a little uncomfortable.  I know I won't need them for awhile still, but do any of you have suggestions about local stores that have cute, trendy maternity clothes?  I went to Motherhood Maternity yesterday, and all it did was make me depressed.  I've never had to look before, and I don't know where to begin.  While I'm at it, any suggestions for local baby stores would be helpful, as well.  I'm sure I'll be starting to shop for the baby room and little one soon, too! 

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Cute Maternity Clothes?

• I've avoided motherhood throughout my pregnancy. Most of my maternity clothes have come from gap.com and H&M. The maternity section at H&M downtown isn't huge, but there are some cute things. As for tops, I've just gone up a couple sizes in the regular women's section. Hope this helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought some expandable (sounds ugly but quite cute) slacks at Old Navy for under $20. They worked great througout my first few months. Now I prefer the belly panel ones :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The best place I have found for cuter, inexpensive maternity clothes is Old Navy.  Not all stores carry maternity clothes (Gresham Station seems to carry the most), but they have a good online store.  Target can be hit or miss, but you can find some great deals.  (The Mall 205 Target often has things 75% off- not all Targets carry the same items or sales it's up to each store what they mark down).  If you need more professional clothes, JcPenny can be good but more expensive.

My favorite local baby store is Cotten Babies in Vancouver.  They are the best for cloth diaper supplies, breastpumps (cheaper than other stores), and higher end baby clothes (like bamboo and organic).  They staff there is really friendly and helpful, plus they offer lots of workshops and play groups.

Good luck in your quest!  I know how overwhelming it can be.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I didn't really care for Motherhood either.  I thought their stuff was generally overpriced and low quality.  I got a ton of stuff from gap.com, they have really good sales and coupons to use online if you have a gap/banana or old navy card.  Also, the Baby Gap at the Streets of Tanasbourne has a small maternity section in the back that usually has cute things.  Anything you order online can be returned to that store.  The old navy over at Cedar Hills also has a small maternity section. 
  • i went into mother hood maternity today adn found a ton of cute stuff. i took my sister inlaws and a few friends and we had a great time. im only 18 weeks so my belly isnt that big yet but they have these pillow things in the dressing room that you can strap around you beofr you put the clothes on and it adds like 3 months so you'll kinda get an idea of how it will fit when you get bigger. i loved it. huge help to me in deciding something just look better on the hanger. the laddie that helped me was awsome and i got a little gift bag with a bottle and gift card in it and some other papers when i checked out. over all i thought it was a great place and they had a lot of sales.
  • This is my first pregnancy (I'm 12 wks 2 days) but I'm already showing quite a bit. Maybe twins? We'll see. My jeans also stopped fitting around week 10, and I found that although the section is very small, you can find some cute and very inexpensive maternity clothing at Ross. I bought a great pair of denim capris with a stretchy support waistband there yesterday for only $13. Like anything at Ross, finding clothes that are cute and that fit can be hit or miss - but the extremely low price points make the search a bit more worth the effort. 

Thanks for the tip about the Gresham Station Old Navy - that's my next stop! 

image BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"