Baby Showers
Options

Another ? - can I give decor as gifts?

The shower is bird themed and all of the decor is really cute - little ceramic birds, birdhouses, bird candle holders. Is it weird to make these things the prizes? Again (in case you missed my post below), my co-host dropped out at the last minute, and she was in charge of games and prizes. So now it's last minute, and the decor is really cute... just don't know if it's weird to give these as game prizes. I was thinking that I'd write the name of the prize on pieces of paper, put them in a birds nest, and when someone wins a game, they draw a prize.

WDYT? Weird? Tacky? Great idea and clever and creative? :)

Re: Another ? - can I give decor as gifts?

• Options
    I think it's fine to use what you have.  It's actually on the different side.  You can only use so many lotions, candles, etc.
  • Options
    I think it's really tacky.  What if someone leaves while other guests are still there? They start breaking down the decor when they go? Get some small prizes for the games and keep it separate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have seen a shower like that and it was really cute. If you have them spread out around the room then I say have the winner pick one they like :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm kind of doing the same thing I bought 3 small plants($2.99) that I will wrap with ribbon that matches the Diaper cake I made and then a cute hair flower, that i also made and that are on the diaper cake too, attached to the ribbon in the front. I'm using them as decor of the table during the shower and the winners can take them when they leave. Of course there will be other decor so if people leave early that won that prize it won't look on finished or tacky.Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't think it was tacky or weird, but to be honest, it'd probably get tossed or given away- decor is SUCH a personal taste issue. If you have to use them, I think it's fine, but you could do better with something edible/useful if you have the time or money. Best option would be to combine the decor with another small prize- $5 giftcards?
  • Options
    I don't think it's tacky or weird--prizes at my shower were the potted plants that were the centerpieces.  But it is pretty personal--what you're describing would not be my taste at all and would go directly in the "to donate" bin.
  • Options
    I think that sounds like a cool idea! I'm not particularly into birds, but I think I'd rather get something a bit unusual than more cheap lotions or printed M&Ms or whatever. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"