Baby Showers

OMG... my thank-you notes are 5 months late.

Ugh! We had like 5 showers right before Christmas, then LO was born right before New Years'. I've been writing notes all along... but there have been so many gifts. I'm still not caught up on everyone's note and I feel TERRIBLE! 

We just had our 1-year anniversary so I feel like I just got done with wedding thank-you's and now all these baby thank-you's.

Terribly embarrassing.... I am red in the face.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OMG... my thank-you notes are 5 months late.

• Then sit down and do them. Have your husband help.  Even if he just licks the envelope, stamps and puts the return address label and runs them out to the mailbox that is still help.

Make a goal for yourself each day and do them. Put them in the mailbox the next morning.  

It's not that hard if you make the effort. It's April. It is pretty shameful that you don't have them done.  

• Personally I don't think its the end of the world.  I am sure your guests know you have been busy.  Just work on getting them done a few a day and they will be done in no time.  

Have your DH help too 

• Loading the player...
  • While you need to get them done, most people aren't going to care that much that they are late.  I actually got a note this year from a wedding what was OVER a year earlier.  It included a long note about why it was late and how sorry they were - it just made me laugh. It was cute, and I just appreciated the fact that they did finally get around to it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• better late then never...

I attended a wedding over 2 years ago and have YET to get a thank you...talk about a slap in the face.

• Set a goal for X per day and stick to it.  I did my wedding TYs while watching tv at night.  I did 5 or 10 a night until they were done.  DH had to sign his name, stuff envelopes, apply stamps and lick/seal the envelopes.  We were a little assembly team and it went pretty quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewishful thinkin:

For my Bridal Shower I had Thank You cards made to match my invite with a general Thank You poem thanking the guest for their gift and sharing the day with me. I did buy my mother and sister a little gift as well as a Thank You card for throwing me such a beautiful shower. I plan on doing the same with my Baby Shower..maybe a poem from the baby :) I know it's not thanking each person for their specific generous gift but between working 8-10 hrs a day, keeping up with the home, planning a wedding at the time and getting ready for the baby I didn't and don't believe I will have time from write out 80+ cards.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but I think it's pretty crappy to send pre-written thank you notes. If someone is kind enough to take time out of their schedule and spend their hard earned money on a gift for you, the least you can do is hand write a thank you note. If you don't want to write out 80+ thank you notes, then maybe you should downsize your guest list.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• imagewishful thinkin:

For my Bridal Shower I had Thank You cards made to match my invite with a general Thank You poem thanking the guest for their gift and sharing the day with me. I did buy my mother and sister a little gift as well as a Thank You card for throwing me such a beautiful shower. I plan on doing the same with my Baby Shower..maybe a poem from the baby :) I know it's not thanking each person for their specific generous gift but between working 8-10 hrs a day, keeping up with the home, planning a wedding at the time and getting ready for the baby I didn't and don't believe I will have time from write out 80+ cards.

You suck. One note fits all thank yous are horrible. Guess what? I work 12 hour days, keep up with a house, volunteer at the children's hospital, decorated a nursery and still managed to send out 60 handwritte personalized notes within two weeks.
  • Better now than never! Do a few a day and get them in the mail until you're finished. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
  • I wrote 30 thankyou's the night of my shower.  I say just sit down and do it!
  • My cousin sent out a "christmas card" with a picture of her and DH from the wedding and "Thank you and Merry Christmas" written at the bottom.

How tacky is that? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • hahah-- you just made me feel a little better-- mine are over 2 months late--- I keep trying to sit down and do them... I swear- by the end of this week...... :)

Also agree that premade ones are not very nice. I have seen some that were premade with photos and then they added a personal note on each-- those were very nice... of course who the heck has the time for that....

• imagewishful thinkin:

DO NOT do this. I received a generic thank-you card for a $150 wedding gift once and was deeply offended.  At my shower, even if the gift was a free hand me down, I still wrote a note for it, because it's nice and I wanted to thank my guest for thinking of me and sharing something that made her life easier.  Pre-printed thank-you notes just scream gift-grab to me and I personally find them to be tasteless and rude.  I would much rather receive a late card with a "sorry about the belated note, LO keeps us pretty busy, but our sincere thanks for the wonderful (and much used!) _______" than a pre-printed, generic piece of garbage that took less time to make than I did picking out the gift.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagediscobelle:
    imagewishful thinkin:

If I didn't have time to write 80 thank you notes, then I wouldn't invite 80 guests.  

If people spend their time and money to come to a shower and bring a gift, then they deserve a proper thank you.  

agree! Big time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"