Minnesota Babies
Options

Southdale Peds Rec!!

Based on recommendations and proximity, my husband and I have decided upon Southdale Peds for our little one.  When I called the office to make sure they were accepting new patients, I was suprised to learn that unless I would like a prenatal consultation with a specfic doctor, I really don't need to do anything until after baby is born.  All I need to do is let my OBGYN/hospital know that we are with their clinic and that is all!?

Needless to say, I would like to meet with our doctor prior to delivery....sooo, my question is do you recommend a specific doctor at Southdale Peds??

Re: Southdale Peds Rec!!

• Options

We see Dr. Brandt and absolutely love her. She sits with us for as long as we need and we never feel rushed. She does have a limited schedule (she has twins at home) but we have never had a hard time getting an appointment for well check ups with her. If your child is sick, chances are, you will see another doctor for a same day appointment. My son was sick a ton the first year (gotta love daycare germs) so we have seen a few others. We have really liked Dr. Karl Williams and Dr. Jones as well. We figure if my son wants to have a male doctor sometime down the road, we would switch to one of them.

We actually decided to not meet with her before hand since we figured that its such a big practice, if we didn't like her, chances are there would be someone else we would like there. But, that was our preference since we weren't even sure what kind of questions we would ask.

• Options
    We have Dr. Hersey and absolutely love her.  A friend of mine has Dr. Hanson and she really likes her as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmplskmpls member
    I have heard great things about Dr Curran and Dr Miller.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We see Dr. Miller and really like him.  We saw Dr. Koch in the hospital after DS was born and he did his circ.  My sister takes her kids to Dr. Hinrichs and they really like her.   

Check out their pics and credentials online; that may help you decide who you want to meet with.  We never met with any before hand.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We see Karl Williams.  When I was young we saw Dr. Anderson and Dr. Curran.  Really, they're all great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"