Multiples
Options

? re OB appts (long)

I called this morning to make my first OB appointment--I will be discharged from the RE at 8w2d on 11/14.

I figured I'd get an appt somewhere between weeks 9 and 10....but they scheduled me for the beginning of my 11th week even though I told them I was pg with twins.  They also scheduled my NT scan at the end of my 12th week....

I trust that they know what they're doing and if this is normal I'm fine with it.  But it's hard to make the transition from weekly appointments to skipping 3 weeks...esp with two babies in there!

The other thing that I wonder about is my progesterone...since I'm on PIO...I suppose I won't be weaned off by the time I leave the RE, so having no monitoring of the level at all for three weeks is a little scary to me. 

What do you think? 

Re: ? re OB appts (long)

• Options

My RE didn't wean me off PIO (I was actually on supps).  I quit them cold turkey at 12 weeks and had NO monitoring at all of P4 (ever, not even after ET or during betas).  If you are taking PIO you will be fine, I promise.

I also had my NT scan about the same time as you -- don't worry, you're doing great Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Your RE will have a plan for your PIO shots.  I was weaned off mine in a week and was discharged after 8w2d's also.  I saw my OB somewhere in the 10th week and my NT scan was a little after 12 weeks.  Your NT Scan should happen between 12 - 14 weeks, so you are okay with the timing.

Congrats!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Aubrey & Anthony
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're making me nervous.  I'm having my final meeting with my RE next Thursday, and he is going to give me my weaning off plan (on metformin, prometrium & baby asprin).  I haven't called my OB yet.  But maybe I should.  I thought they saw you much more often when you were pg with twins, especially if you were seeing an RE, since both make you more high risk.
  • Options
    Sounds pretty normal to me, but I don't know anything about the IVF stuff.
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was in a similar position - graduated from RE at 6 weeks, and the OB didn't want to see me until 12.  I kicked and screamed and told them there were questions about baby B (true because she was measuring behind, but . . . .), and I ended up going in arond 8 weeks.  I think that's a very difficult transition to make! 
  • Options

I spoke with my nurse from the RE's office today--she said that I have to call back and ask to be seen within two weeks of discharge.  So we'll see what they say....

Thanks everyone! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"