Houston Babies

XP: Preschools on the west side?

We're going to be moving (assuming our inspection on the new house this week goes well) sometime this summer, and I'm starting to look for preschools for Charlotte.  Bpaullo told me about Fairhaven Day School, so I'm going to look into that, but would love some other recs too so that I can compare and contrast :)The school I have Charlotte in right now in Pearland is a combination school ~ you can send your kids MDO-style only certain days a week from 9-2ish, you can send them full-time 5 days a week, or you can send them full-time either 2 or 3 days a week.  I have her in 3 days a week full-time, and that's really the option I need with my business and helping my mom with my dad's estate.  So, just a regular MDO isn't what I need right now.  Bonus points if it's a Christian school.Thanks!! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Preschools on the west side?

• We really LOVE The Big Little School, it's at Terrace United Methodist.  Memorial Drive Methodist was my second choice.  We used Spring Branch Presbyterian temporarily and I know they were really flexible with times/days so you might consider it if you need a specific schedule.  I've also heard good things about Holy Spirit Episcopal but it was out of our price range.
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • St Christopher's Episcopal on Blalock is a good choice. They have been very flexible with me with changing hours, adding days, etc. Like you, I needed something more than MDO but less than fulltime care and as my workload increases/decreases, I need to change it. Eloise started at 15mo going 3 MDO days with occaisional added hours (typically they can do up to 4pm when I'd call for a random long day for work or fertility or OB appts). I feel like we've done a lot of different schedule combos from 2 MDO days up to 3 full days. And they do offer fulltime care.

I was actually deciding between St Chris and Fair Haven and it almost came down to a coin toss, but St Chris just seemed a bit more flexible with adding random extended hours on MDO days and I've been happy ever since.

- Jena
  • Loading the player...
  • AWESOME, ladies!  Thank you so much.  I am definitely going to look into all of these schools y'all suggested.  I appreciate it and will let you know which one we ultimately choose!
  • imageSuzi-G-:
    We really LOVE The Big Little School, it's at Terrace United Methodist.  Memorial Drive Methodist was my second choice.  We used Spring Branch Presbyterian temporarily and I know they were really flexible with times/days so you might consider it if you need a specific schedule.  I've also heard good things about Holy Spirit Episcopal but it was out of our price range.

I grew up at HSE and loved it.  I also love MDUMC; I grew up attending church, VBS and camps there and friends who send their kids now have nothing but great things to say about it. (Lots of people you might know from MS.) What about Grace?

• imagelilygirl:

imageSuzi-G-:
    We really LOVE The Big Little School, it's at Terrace United Methodist.  Memorial Drive Methodist was my second choice.  We used Spring Branch Presbyterian temporarily and I know they were really flexible with times/days so you might consider it if you need a specific schedule.  I've also heard good things about Holy Spirit Episcopal but it was out of our price range.

I grew up at HSE and loved it.  I also love MDUMC; I grew up attending church, VBS and camps there and friends who send their kids now have nothing but great things to say about it. (Lots of people you might know from MS.) What about Grace?

K, the ONLY reason I am not considering Grace (since it's my church and I went to MDO there myself when I was little) is because they only have the typical MDO hours that I can see on their website....and I just can't swing that.  I need a place where I can leave Charlotte there for more typical "daycare" hours (ie, until 5 or 6 if need be).  Usually in the mornings I'm not dropping her off until 9 or 10, but I need the option of leaving her there until the late afternoon most days...so Grace won't cut it :(  Boo. 

• My old charge went to St. Mark Lutheran on Westview. Her parents were really happy with it before she went to Awty for PreK. I got a great impression from the school since I was the one taking her/dropping her off/interacting with the teachers. Everyone there was always really friendly and accomodating. I am pretty sure they have all day hours.

https://www.stmarkhouston.org/School/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"