Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Getting Pregnant after missed miscarriage

Hi ladies, I am new to the bump, I suffered from a missed miscarriage 4 weeks ago. I had to have a D&C. I am really anxious to try again as this was my 1st pregnancy, I have fears that this will be hard & stressful. I was hoping some of you may be able to give me some advice.

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you & good luck to everyone expecting :)

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Getting Pregnant after missed miscarriage

• Options

My best advice is to read TCOYF, start charting, and get to know the ladies on TTCAL here on the bump.  I learned so much about my cycles and my body once I gave in and finally read this book and started charting.

From there you have a much more knowledgable stance to bring to your dr if you don't conceive within 4-5 months of trying again.  Good Luck and I'm sorry for your loss.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

I think one of the best things you can do is take the time you need to heal and make sure you're ready to TTC.  It is difficult after a loss.  And make sure to follow your doctor's orders as far as waiting to try again.

When you are ready, charting is a great tool.  I would also recommend the TTCAL (trying to conceive after loss) board here the The Bump.  That is where the majority of us came from and it's a great place for support and learning about your cycles.  TCOYF is the bible over there.

Good luck!

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My situation was similar to yours, and I had a D&E in early January.  My doctor told me to wait one cycle before trying again.  I got my period 31 days after the D&E and got pg right after that.  For me, the only way to really move on from my loss was to get pg again.

So far, this pregnancy is full of anxiety.  I wish I could stop over-analyzing my symptoms, or lack thereof, but once you've had a missed m/c, symptoms are everything.  It's been very tough to stay positive.

As far as advice, I agree with pp's that charting is very helpful.  Also, the TTCAL board is a great source of support while you are TTC, and this board once you are pg again.  When you get pg, I would recommend an early u/s (7 weeks) to make sure that everything looks okay and to try to ease your fears (though it won't completely!)

Good luck!!

• Options
    I had a missed m/c at 11w3d and also had to have a D&C. It is (obviously) incredibly devistating and took me months and months to even get to a place where I was excited to try again and look forward to the future. I fell behind at work, didn't hang out with friends, it was a hard time for me. But, it did get better and now we are almost 21wks pregnant with our son. I wish you the best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi There,

I am very sorry for your loss and good luck to you ttc. I had a missed miscarriage 2009 and had a D&C. My Dr. told me that I only had to wait 1 cycle to start ttc again. I think this was bad advice. My following pregnancy resulted in a Blighted Ovum. In retrospect, I really think that we should have given my body more time to recover. If I could make a suggestion it would be to really give your uterine lining some time to rebuild and get nice and thick for your next pregnancy.  Best Wishes!

Missed M/C 2/2005- 7 weeks- D&C Missed M/C 4/2008- 6 weeks- D&C Missed M/C 09/2009- 6 weeks- D&C Blighted Ovum 01/2010 DX: 13:14 Balanced Translocation Carrier BFP: 03/15/2011 results in Baby Boy born 10/12/11 @ 34w1d! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks (Blighted Ovum) just this week. We were told to wait one cycle before trying again. I think trying again is the best way to get over the feeling of loss I currently have. Good luck!
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    edited September 2014
    If it helps, I felt the same way. I was waiting for at least one cycle so I could start tracking again but to my shock it never came because I got pregnant immediately after my miscarriage without actively trying! Apparently you can be very fertile right after a m/c.
    BFP#1: 7/19/14  -  EDD: 3/26/15  -  MC: 8/14/14 @ 8w
    BFP#2: 9/14/14 - EDD: 5/28/15 - MC: 11/6/14 @ 10w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"