Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Now I'm really confused. Any insight?

Just to re-hash.  Tuesday I went for my 1st U/S at 9wks.  The sac was empty and there was a fluid deposit on the side.  They don't know what that is.  I've had no symptoms of a m/c.  No bleeding, no pain, no nothing.  But since Tuesday I've also had no m/s or cramping.  I was sent to have my HCG levels done, I'll have them done again Monday, and then go back for another U/S Tuesday.

Today I went to my regular dr for something else and while discussing my bad news she looked up the bloodtest results.  She said the HCG levels are what they should be.

Does this mean anything?  I thought I remembered my OB saying my levels should be low or really high, not normal.

I was asked several times if my weeks could be wrong, but if they were it would only be by 2-3 weeks.  I don't think that would be enough for the baby to be too small to find.

I think the worst part is that even though I will try to fight against it, this news will give me false hope.  When I go in next week and get a confirmation of the missed miscarriage I'll be crushed all over again.  Not to mention that then we will have no choice but to tell DD that she has to wait to be a big sister.

I'm just (like everyone else here who has suffered a loss) a bundle of depression, sadness, anger, hope and confusion.

E

Re: Now I'm really confused. Any insight?

• Options

Just got an email from my Dr.  Says that we are waiting to see if the levels stay high or drop on there own.  Guess that just answered my question.

• Options
    I went through a few days of false hope too when a second ultrasound showed a yolk sac, it's like your brain tells you to be realistic but your heart is hoping for a miracle. I truly hope you do have a miracle, best of luck to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry your having to be in limbo until Tuesday. I am praying you get good news on Tuesday. I went in for an u/s at 6w4 days and saw an empty sac, they re-ran my hcg levels and I was told they were right where they should be at 12400, we checked them again 48 hours later and they went down to 12000 so we knew then it was over. The hardest part for me was telling dd that it was an empty sac, I think I took it harder then her though, kids bounce back pretty quick.

Huge hugs to you. And I hope you get some answers soon.

• Options
    I had the same thing where they though the timing might just be a bit off and on the early side.  They compared my levels two days apart and said the same thing, up indicates a healthly pregnancy, down probable misscarriage,... my luck the level stayed about the same... Hope your situation turns out better... with the same levels the doc said it could go either way, but she was figuring it was more likely to end in a m/c.  I spotted a few days later and when I went for the u/s and saw no heartbeat I didn't even need to hear the words from the doc, already knew the bad news... best of luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"