Tennessee Babies

labor? other stuff?

All day I've been having erratic BH contractions, or so I thought. I've been at work and now I'm at home and they are still popping up every once and a while. Before this week, I hardly had 1 BH contraction a day. Could I be in labor or am I just not sure what a contraction feels like?

Re: labor? other stuff?

• it is probably braxton hicks. how far along are you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Time them if you get a chance. BH contractions are erratic, but true labor contractions will end up getting stronger and closer together. Drink plenty of water because dehydration can cause contractions... and take time to rest during your day! Towards the end of my pregnancy, I started getting contractions early and had to begin my maternity leave 10/13 (due date was 10/26). I actually started active labor 10/15. Through a series of unfortunate events, my baby came via emergency C/S 10/20, but it's all good. (Tip: assert yourself in labor/delivery. If you feel like you're really in labor, don't let nurses send you home 3 times because the baby's head isn't in the birth canal. My DS was tied up like a parachuter with the cord around his waist, arms, up between his legs and around his neck. There was no way he was coming into the birth canal on his own.)

Congratulations and hope all goes well! 

imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • My OB told me that a good way to tell the difference is to lay down and rest.  BH will go away when you rest but real contractions won't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"