Illinois Babies
Options

Stroller for city use?

We already have a snap n go for our car seat, but I'm trying to find a good, lightweight stroller that will handle the demands of city life (i.e. easy fold up for the train, can maneuver rough sidewalks, curbs, and drunk Cubs fans easily).  Any suggestions???

Thanks!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Stroller for city use?

• Options

we currently use a maclaran techno and it's such a nice, smooth ride on the crappy sidewalks by us. it's also pretty lightweight. that said, it sits in the back of my car and is only used when we go for walks. it's pretty easy to fold and unfold, but not sure exactly how easy. it took some getting used to and i can't imagine folding/unfolding whilst on a train. i do think maclaran has a smaller stroller though. i definitely recommend maclaran for the lightweight and smooth ride (incredible difference pushing around the maclaran vs the snap n go)

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just got out our MacLaren triumph and LOVE it. I haven't tried to fold it up yet-but its super light weight and great on the sidewalks.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have two - one is the BabyJogger City Classic (which has been replaced by, I want to say the Elite?) and we love love love it. If you want something smaller, but still with the easiest fold ever, try the BJ City Mini.

We also  have a Maclaren Triumph and we use it for when we need to travel on the train or just for quick jaunts.  

• Options
    My Chicago friends have the BJ City Mini. I have it too but live in the burbs :) Great manuverability
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have a Quinny Zapp and love it for public transit. It folds up very small - I can easily shove it under a bus or train seat. Maneuvers well, only weighs 13 pounds.
  • Options
    We have the Maclaren Volo for when lightweight is really important - it's the lightest Maclaren at 9.5 lbs. It's ok on city streets, but air-filled tires are going to be the best if you're going for long walks. We have a BOB for that (and we love love love it!!), but that is not something you're going to want to take on the el. 
  • Options

I couldn't imagine why anyone in the city would want a Snap N Go.  They are great for the burbs where you drive everywhere.  Personally, I wanted one amazing stroller that fit all my needs.  Go to Galt Baby.  They will talk to you about your needs and let you test drive strollers. We were there for over an hour with no pressure to buy from them. 

• Options
    Baby Jogger City MIni, for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"