Working Moms

Do you have a freezer stash?

If so, what do you use it for? I only use mine, if I'm going to be away for a short time on the weekends. Most of the time I don't touch it. I pump enough (so far) at work for the next day for daycare. Sometimes a little more.

How much do you have? I have 200oz.

Re: Do you have a freezer stash?

• My stash is around 400 oz, I think.  So far I've only used it once.  Most days I pump enough or more for DS the next day, so I end up freezing up to 4 oz a day. 

I will probably use the freezer stash to stop pumping early, once DS is eating more solids than breastmilk (so close to a year).  I'll also use the frozen milk to mix into oatmeal and other foods for him.  I'm also considering donating milk, but I'm not quite ready to give up any of my stash yet.

• I dipped into it a little when we went OOT one night and left DD with the inlaws.  And I've dipped into it when DD needed her oz at daycare upped but I wasn't pumping enough yet.

But usually when I dip into it, I'm able to replace that amount within the next couple weeks.

Right now, I'm rotating out my freezer stash to keep it from expiring.  I've also been able to add to it since starting work.  I'll keep rotating until we get close to a year, and then hopefully I can wean from the pump early and use my freezer stash up.

I started work with 200oz, and right now its up to around 250oz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would estimate that I have 250-300 oz.  I use the oldest frozen BM for daycare, and freeze the BM I pump at work.  The stock just gets rotated.  I don't think I would actually need it, because I am able to feed DD at daycare almost every feeding, but I send bottles in case I'm not able to get over there to feed her. 
  • I have about 300 oz frozen.  I pump at work and pump more than what DS is taking.  I freeze what I pump from work then pull from my stash for his feedings while I'm gone to work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • whoa! i think i have less than 50 oz of frozen bm. i'm floored that you all have so much! (should i have more??)

right now i pretty much just pump what he needs for the next day...

i thought that 6 bottles was enough to have on reserve, but now i'm starting to second guess it!

• I have about 200 oz and some will expire soon so i'm going to send some to daycare next week. Its nice to have a stash because recently i had a dip in supply and was not making enough for DD! 
  • Wow, I am impressed with how much people have stored. I have maybe 25 oz's stored. I have about 12 oz's stored at my dd's daycare, but for the most part I have been able to bf her since she is right here at my work daycare. However, she is home on Monday's with my dh, so we rotate my Monday pumping stash from week to week. On Monday's I typically pump about 3 oz's more than she is consuming, so I use those extras during the week for her rice cereal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"