Parenting after a Loss
Options

Update (thank you girls!)

Thank you for the support last night, I certainly needed it considering how awful and guilty I was feeling.  Colin is ok, he got checked out and the dr said something odd, he said "..choking on crab shell, hot dog (??) and shrimp tails sometimes don't have the best endings." thank you?  (why hot dog??) Anyway, he coughed all night becuase the shell tore up his throat pretty bad Sad but he'll be ok.  This has really shaken my confidence and I am taking the CPR course again.  Just wanted to update and say thank you for the kind words, I cried a good solid cry and got most of my frustration out.  This morning he hugged and didn't seem at all angry at me so we're good.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update (thank you girls!)

• Options
    ((Hugs)) That's rough. Glad he's ok! What a tough little man.
    BFP #1- 1/16/09- Baby Ava stillborn at 32 weeks, possible cord accident, 7/30/09
    BFP #2- 1/5/10- Baby Jack born at 37w2d, 6lbs 13 oz, 8/24/10
    BFP #3- 7/30/11- Baby Boy Due April 3, 2012
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hot dog because it's the perfect shape to block the airway, and the fact that it doesn't melt like say a cookie would.

Glad your little man is ok.

Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hotdogs kill more kids than you'd believe (which is why you always cut them lengthwise as well as across) he probably just wanted to throw that out there.  I'm so glad he's ok.  Really makes me want to brush up on my CPR again too....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am SO sorry you went through that. and incredibley happy he is ok!

Choking on hot dogs is actually a VERY big problem. Your dr mentioned it probably as a precaution. The shape of a hotdog can easily slide into the throat and block airway. Even if you cut it up, you need to cut it into slices and AGAIN . The round slices are same shape and can block an airway if choked on.

again i am so glad to hear he is ok! rest up momma!

• Options
    So glad he's okay.
  • Options
    *big hugs* I'm glad he's doing okay.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • Options

I just saw your original post.  OMG how freaking scary!

I am so sorry that your little man went through that and I am so proud of your DH!

Choking is so scary and no matter how great of a mom you are it can still happen.  DD choked for the first time last week too (not as bad as your DS).

Hang in there Mama and give your man lots of cuddles.  I think he should get some nice cold ice cream!!! 

• Options
    I missed your post last night but I'm so sorry you and your LO had to go through that!  I'm so glad he's ok.  I'll be signing up for CPR immediately!
  • Options
    So glad he's ok. Huge hugs to you. And I'll be signing up for CPR now asap...
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

had to go back and read - oh my gosh soooo scary!

SO glad Colin is okay, give him lots of extra loves! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missing our sweet Angeline. BFP #1: 7.12.09 / EDD: 3.15.10 / Missed Miscarriage: 8.14.10
    BFP #2: 3.16.10 / EDD: 11.28.12 / Collin Rex born 12.1.10
    TTC#2: May 2012
    BFP #3: 7.5.12 / CP 7.12.12
    BFP #4: 1.28.12 / EDD: 10.11.13
    betas: 10dpo: 91 / 14dpo: 493 / first u/s: 3.4.13
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

So scary, but so glad everything turned out ok. There comes a time in EVERY Moms life when something accidental happens and it shakes us to the core. Don't feel bad, these things happen.

Big hugs!

• Options

I'm so glad Colin is okay. Left HugRight Hug

I so need to sign up for CPR classes.

• Options
    Glad you are both OK!!!
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Options
    I'm so glad everything is ok! And after I read your post I pulled out all the CPR info to review because I'm not confident I would've been able to do it.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I'm glad you are both feeling better.

• Options
    That was the scariest thing I've read. I'm so glad he's okay.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Huge hugs!  I am so glad he is ok. 
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I just went to look up the old post - OMG how scary!!!  Glad everything worked out, and a good reminder to those of us who haven't yet taken CPR that it is imperative to be ready at all times!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"